|Zenufa Laboratories Limited|
JOB VACANCY: Manager – Finance & Accounts
COMPANY: Zenufa Laboratories Limited
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
The Finance & Accounting Manager is responsible for performing highly specialized Finance & Accounting work required to maintain the Company’s Financial movement and processes. Working under the direction of the Chief Finance Officer, the Finance & Accounting Manager directs and coordinates the daily activities of the department’s staff to quickly and accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the Company. The incumbent should be a highly motivated self-starter with supervisory, review, and proofing experience. The incumbent is also responsible for preparing annual financial statements and coordinating the Company’s annual audit.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Oversees the daily accounting activities required to maintain the Company’s general ledger.
• Supervises, directs, and reviews the work of the accounting staff (including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, Zenufa account statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.).
• Cash management (including placement/movement of funds).
• Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
• Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other Company’s personnel in resolving financial issues.
• Reviews general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
• Produces financial reports involving the Company’s accounts for board meetings.
• Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
• Assisting in producing quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
• Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
Please note that the foregoing is not totally exhaustive and that other duties may, by sufficient notice and consultation with you, be assigned to you in addition, to satisfy mbusiness dictates. Also note that this job description may change from time to time so as to reflect emerging business trends and accommodate Company Management reengineering needs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards (GASB).
• Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
• Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
• Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
• Ability to analyse financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
• Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration.
• Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
• Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Ability to effectively use a modern automated financial management system.
Knowledge of Tally Accounting System.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
• Ability to work effectively under short notice/long hours conditions.
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with the public, Government Agencies, other Authorities, agencies, and employees
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree In Finance & Accounts or any related field.
• At least five years of experience in the area of financial statement preparation, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, or the equivalent.
• Experience working with an automated financial management system.
• Must be a Certified Public Account (CPA) and/or ACCA.
• Pharmaceutical experience will be added advantage.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Epvate & Fortune International Consulting is in conformity with applicable laws is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or disability. Send your Cover letter and CV before 13th January 2020, 15:00hrs to [email protected]