JOB TITLE: Manager; Data Centers Operations
Responsible of planning, organizing and leading a team to deliver cost effective and efficient data centers facilities services (power, cooling, fire prevention/suppression systems) that meet and exceed business and customers’ expectations (availability, recoverability, security and continuous improvement).
- Responsible for availability, recoverability and security of Data centers facilities (Power Utility feeds, Generator systems, UPS, battery string, etc.), Cooling (HVAC, chiller), Fire Detection & suppression (FM200 Pre-action etc.), Data Centers space planning, Physical security, access control and other low voltage systems.
- Manage all datacenter facility services related to spacing, power, cooling and building services (HVAC, Electricity, Racking, Cabling).
- Conduct capacity planning for the data center. Oversee the data center master plan and modify as appropriate to adjust for changing circumstances.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed power systems solutions to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Review and standardize electrical protection designs, technical specifications and scope of work for all power systems related projects.
- Coordinate planning and execution of corrective and preventive maintenance tasks by the vendors and produce metric reports and related documentation.
- Prepare and manage all documentation associated with standard operating procedures, specifications, standards, codes, safety, protection and related equipment.
- Perform Failure analysis to reduce downtime and improve reliability to ensure incidents resolutions within SLA.
- Design and implement upgrades to existing systems to overcome obsolescence, preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Providing guidance to technicians on power systems troubleshooting and operation.
- Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on electrical designs and installations for continuous improvements.
- Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports based on performance benchmarks.
- Prepare and maintain spare part lists, monitor inventory and ensure that all the critical parts for power systems are always available for fault repair and emergency requirements.
- Manage and execute internal corporate and technical policies and procedures.
- Reviewing vendor RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statements) and MOPs (Methods of Procedure) and ensuring all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
- Respond on an as-needed basis to incidents and emergencies – such as power, cooling, fire alarms, etc., 24 x 7, and arrange for backup when not available within SLA.
- Setting SMART Objectives and conduct Performance Evaluation for Direct Reports in the section.
- Prepare monthly progress update reports of the section.
- Prepare and control annual budget (CAPEX & OPEX) of the section.
- Setup and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Develop & update policies, procedures and processes to improve efficiency & productivity of the section.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in ICT, Telecom, Electronics, Electrical engineering or any related field
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in data center operations.
- One applicable professional qualification in data centers management (e.g. Certified Data Center Professional, etc.), will be an added advantage.
- Experience in management of Data Center’s Power, Fire Detection & suppression, Data Centers space planning, Physical security, access control & other low voltage systems.
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical (Data Center Cooling) and electrical solutions / technologies in the market.
- Good command on Engineering Drawings and Software such as Systems Monitoring software, Computerized Maintenance Management systems and Auto CAD.