M & E Officer for Community Engagement At AMREF. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania (Amref Tz) is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) has strategically selected Amref Tz as its sub grantee under its recently awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis (CH3P-HIV&TB) -Northern Activity. Under C3HP, EGPAF and its partners offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and family planning (FP) services across each continuum of care. Under the C3HP, Amref Tz brings its deep expertise on strategic community engagement for improved health outcomes, and will work to ensure community services are reaching target populations, specifically women and girls, children, young people, and other vulnerable groups. The C3HP-HIV&TB Northern will be implemented for five years (2021 – 2026) in five regions including Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Singida and Dodoma regions. The C3HP team will collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), and the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Regional and Districts Local Governments’ Authorities to ensure increased demand for and use of quality HIV, TB, and FP services, leading to improved health outcomes. With this, Amref Tz is announcing the following positions to be filled for this project:
Position: M & E Officer for Community Engagement (5 posts)
Reports to: Regional Strategic Results Manager and MEL advisor
Location: Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Dodoma, Singida
- The Monitoring and Evaluating M&E officer will implement C3HP-HIV/TB project strategies and serve to track progress of the community engagement indicators and evaluate the program, routine review of data and taking corrective action to adapt program activities towards reaching the desired results, goals and impacts. The M&E Officer works to support collection of timely and accurate information to ensure HIV and TB data-driven decision-making to solve critical problems and create evidence for dissemination. The M&E Officer will report to Senior MEL manager.
- S/he will provide feedback to the senior MEL manager for establishing, modifying and monitoring key program level performance indicators to report and record physical progress for specific components and interventions within all program areas of the project
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and refine the project performance indicators to ensure that they are objective, practical, specific and cost effective
- Collaborate with NTLP and NACP to conduct quarterly DQAs and ensure that data is collated, cleaned and validated.
- Involved in data reporting quarterly, semi-annually (SAPR) and annually (APR) and any other reports as necessary by GoT and USAID
- Support the design and implement an M&E system that is capable of tracking and documenting the targets set for HIV/TB interventions and progress of the activities.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual planning as well as ad hoc planning of the project activities
- Work with R/CHMTs to conduct community trainings, refresher training, community mentorship and supportive supervisions on data in all supported regions
- Responsible in supporting data-driven decision-making to solve critical problems with guidance from GOTs and USG’s monitoring and evaluation systems
- Strengthen routine data collection using existing national tools for HIV/TB as well as the existing national TB/HIV facility databases.
- Continuously reviews existing monitoring tools and adapt them accordingly develop and maintain appropriate project databases
- Develop a robust M&E approach that can track the immediate and intermediate effects of program activities, including changes in knowledge, attitudes, responsiveness, data use and technical assistance demand.
- Coordinating the execution of events and activities the project, including research, training, M&E, supervision, QA, meetings, workshops and other work-related gatherings to strengthen MEL in TB and FP
- Coordinate/assist documentation of best practices and success stories of the project
- Report the agreed USAID indicators on regular basis to USAID Tanzania, MoHCDGEC departments such as NTLP, NACP as needed
- Develop activities, monthly, quarterly, annual and any other ad hook reports needed as well as support in the processing and distributing a variety of reports including minutes, monthly, activity and annual reports from the project to Amref Tanzania collaborators, donors, partners, managers and staff as may be relevant
- Degree in health informatics, M&E, social sciences, or statistics proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 4 years of “hands on experience” as M&E officer position in TB or HIV program Experience working in NGO which is active in health development.
- Experience working with USAID funded interventions or donor funded projects Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification.
- Exceptional ability to analyse multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on program performance and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioural surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of M&E systems in developing country context Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS December 08, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.