Long Hole Driller At Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Long Hole Driller to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the purpose of this role is ensure underground mine activities in the Mining Department are undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Reporting to: Mining Shift Supervisor
- Work Schedule: Forty Two (42) Days On / Twenty One (21) Days Off
- Duration: Permanent
- Collect drilling consumables & mining instructions
- Perform pre-use inspection
- Perform Field Level Risk Assessments and Entry Examinations at the work areas and ensure the health and safety of team members, visitors and contractors at the working area.
- To perform Scaling
- Conducting Equipment Setup for Drilling
- Perform drilling both down hole, up hole, drop rise and inverse rise
- Record & report drilling performance
- Uncouple equipment & remove from workplace
- Perform charging activities
- To take full care of Cleaning Equipment
- Working at height
- Install Services, Air & Water, Ventilation
- Support Installation
- Conduct charging of Blast Holes
- Identify improved drilling methods
- Observe drilling time per meter
- Coach and mentor trainees on Long hole working areas
- Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
- To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices
- Ordinary secondary education
- Blasting Certificate
- Valid Driving License
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Long hole Driller
- Experience in operating machine in large underground mining operation
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Understand drilling technics for both down hole and up hole
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “LONG HOLE DRILLER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via email to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 30th November 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com