DALILA Call For Logo Design Competition 2020
DALILA- Development of new Academic curricuLa on sustaInabLe energies and green economy in
Africa is an Erasmus+ Project, funded by the EACEA (Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive
Agency) under the Key Action 2 (Capacity building in the field of higher education).
DALILA project aims at unlocking technical and economic capabilities of younger generation in
renewable energy sector in Uganda and Tanzania, enhancing the fundamental role of universities.
For this reason, the project has, both in Uganda and Tanzania, two main target groups.
First of all students in tertiary education enrolled in engineering and economic and social science programmes; in particular students who pursue bachelor degree in science and Students who pursue MSc Climate change and MSc environmental science for State University of Zanzibar and for University of Dodoma, Uganda Christian University and Uganda Martyrs University bachelor and master students, bachelors.
The project in the long term will also benefit local communities that need cheaper and cleaner sources of energy for everyday activities (i.e. cooking and lighting) that could be realized through
increasing knowledge and awareness on renewable energy.
DALILA project in fact will strength
public awareness on how energy efficiency and better energy consumption patterns are necessary
for a sustainable development, laying the foundations for new strategies for a sustainable
development and growth.
DALILA Project, coordinated by Sapienza University of Rome – UNIROMA1 (Italy), sees the participation of the University of Cadiz – UCA, the company INOMA Renovables SL (Spain) and the SUD Ecology e Cooperation ONLUS – A SUD (Italy), as European Partners, and of the State University of Zanzibar – SUZA, University of Dodoma – UDOM, Sahara Ventures, Uganda Martyrs University –UMU and Uganda Christian University – UCU, as African Partners.
OBJECT OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT
DALILA Consortium intends to open a public selection of the best logo for the project. DALILA logo has to summarise the objectives and incorporate design elements relevant to the mission of the project. The winning LOGO shall be used as the Official Logo for the DALILA and for related
communication tools such as Website, Letter heads, Pamphlets, Posters, Social Networks and other purposes.
ELIGIBILITY FOR LOGO DESIGN COMPETITION 2020
The Contest is open to the students of African Universities partners of the DALILA project (SUZA,
UDOM, UCU, UMU). Participants, to be considered eligible, must accept and agree to comply with
the contest rules and submission guidelines:
- Participants can submit a maximum of 2 logos but must be separate submissions;
- Logo(s) will be accepted from individuals and/or teams;
- Logo(s)which do not adhere to the rules and guidelines will not qualify for judging;
- A description of the logo must be submitted, and should not exceed 250 words.
LOGO DESIGN COMPETITION 2020 GUIDELINES
The DALILA Logo will appear on all Project’sinformation tools: DALILA official website, university partners’ websites, Project’s headed paper andall promotional materials, social media and social network.
- It shall be creative, original and not previously published;
- shall reflect the DALILA goals and activities;
- Shall reflect the cooperation between African and European universities;
- shall include both text and colour;
- will not include any material (photograph, icon, symbol etc) that is copyright protected.
KEY WORDS: Renewable sources, Energy, Sustainability, Cooperation, Development, Europe, Africa, Environment, Climate change, Quality, Universities, Multicultural, Greeneconomy.
- Logo must reproduce well in electronic and print media;
- Logo should be legible when reproduce on small surfaces;
- Logo has to be visually effective when used in colour or in greyscale;
- If the logo incorporates fonts, participants must be able to provide the font names.
DEADLINE OF LOGO DESIGN COMPETITION 2020
The competition schedule:
Opening: March 9th, 2020
Deadline is April 20th, 2020
Notification of winner by email by April 28