Logistics Officer/Driver (LOD) at Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) October, 2020
Duty Station: Arusha
Duration: Two Years (renewable)
Reports to: Logistics Officer/Driver
Qualified females are encouraged to apply as well as persons from minority communities ADRA is an equal opportunity employer
About ADRA: Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian agency of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church currently operating in over 120 countries including Tanzania. We exist to serve humanity so all may live as God intended.
We enable Change & Well-Being
ADRA acts as a catalyst for change by inspiring, engaging and empowering people to strive together for the greater good. In doing so, ADRA embodies values that are grounded in human dignity and respect for peoples’ innate capabilities, expressed through ADRA’s commitment to well-being as its core development objective, taking a holistic approach to programs, humanitarian response, and advocacy. For ADRA, ‘holistic’ refers to spiritual, social, and physical dimensions, addressing the multi-faceted causes of poverty, and to the emergency relief—reform dimension of our work.
ADRA exists to enable people to live life to the full, physically, socially, and spiritually. We associate this fullness with the concept of well-being, which remains ADRA’s long-term, over-arching aim. In its most tangible forms individual well-being derives from access and opportunities in relation to three key areas: Education, Health and Sustainable Livelihoods. They shape what is described as ADRA’s Well-being Triangle.
ADRA aims to address equitable development for women, girls, and minorities, whilst aiming to ensure protection for the most vulnerable.
ADRA believes that a life lived to the full is marked by an active concern for others. A life lived to the full is one where our abundance—to whatever extent that may be—of health, knowledge, resources, relationships, and spirituality, is exercised through generosity towards others.
To facilitate achievement of the above goal, ADRA seeks to employ a Logistics Officer/Driver (LOD)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Transport of persons, goods and / or documents (Function type: Logistic Support)
- Provide transportation for Head of Office, other employees of ADRA and her visitors
- Arrange, follow up and coordinate travel schedules for the country office using Outlook/Google calendar
- Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers, conduct mini office purchases/utility
- Pick or distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing.
- Pick up flight tickets arrange reservations and bookings for head office staff and or guests.
- Deliver correspondence to government authorities and assist in processing various permits (such as airport pass, customs records and etc.)
- Facilitate airport pickups for VIP visitors and transportation during official visits
- Reporting the accidents and incidents to the Senior Driver, to ensure appropriate strategies are developed and implemented to minimizing on the accidents and incidents, and on the associated costs;
Service vehicle maintenance management
- Schedule annual vehicle examination for service vehicles with the Transportation Department and apply for the renewal for the vehicle license
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre conditions.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary
- Check oil and tires properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals
- Ensure compliance to vehicle log book entries at exit and entry (out and into) the ADRA gate
- Establish and update monthly mileage records for each vehicle
Act as back up for the Receptionist and as a messenger
- Act as a backup for the Receptionist during lunch hours and as needed by answering to the phone and taking care of visitor registration, incl. maintaining a register of incoming visitors
- Support Administration Section as a messenger by assisting with the mail deliveries, both incoming and outgoing Other tasks –
- Assist with office and meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events
- Occasional handyman jobs in the Office, such as plumbing helps, small office repairs and electrical fixtures.
- Perform any other such duties as may be assigned project manager or Country Director.
Candidates will be assessed against the following;
- At least 5 years’ driving experience
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Logistics Management, Fleet Management, Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Valid driver’s license with Class C certification.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes.
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Mechanical knowledge
- Punctual and reliable. Computer typing skills and knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word.
- High proficiency in English and Swahili (Spoken and written)
- Customer care knowledge and skills
- Relevance of work experience
- Demonstrate mechanical knowledge
- Customer care skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge in inventory management and store keeping.
- English and Swahili proficiency (spoken and written).
- Class C driving certification and experience.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Hand delivered and late submissions will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 09, 2020