Dar Es Salaam, TZ
About the Unit
YARA Tanzania is duly registered company under the Laws of Tanzania as a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS. with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The aim is developing a market concept that increase the number of farmers using fertilizer in Tanzania including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution and logistics.
One of Yara investments in the country includes the construction of a 40 KT bulk terminal near the port of Dar Es Salaam which handles importation of bulk fertilizer, packaging and sale in Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi.
Logistics Officer is a position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It is responsible for efficient operations of the plant weighbridge and other transport activities in Yara Tanzania.
- Adhere to Yara safety standards and 5S principles in execution of duties.
- Manage weighbridge operations by weighing trucks and other vehicles during entry and exit to ensure that correct quantities are dispatched from the plant.
- Ensure accurate documentation of weighbridge data and verify if delivery note match with weighbridge ticket.
- Deliver all necessary documentation to Customer Service, Security and/or Finance.
- Prepare daily Inventory Stock Report, dispatched trucks report and daily transporters tracking report.
- Support Supply Chain Manager in ensuring suppliers such as transporters conduct themselves in line with Yara’s safety standards and other Company requirements.
- Advanced Diploma or College degree in Logistics or related field
- Good communication skills with fluency in Swahili and English languages
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel
- Fluent in English & Swahili
- Energetic with can-do attitude
- Safety awareness and discipline to ensure a safe working environment
Apply no later than
11 December 2020