Logistics Manager At CAF
Ready to score?
You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to lead and strengthen the team in charge of organizing the biggest celebration of African football: Total Energies Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2021.
CAF is looking for a Logistics Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
The 2021 Africa Cup of Nations will begin from January 9 to February 6, 2022, with six stadiums set to host the games across five cities in Cameroon.
This role is a temporary contract running until end of February 2022 and will be based in Yaoundé.
- Formulate the logistics staffing requirements and Logistics service levels at all AFCON sites (stadium, training sites, hotels, HQ… etc.)
- Champion the implementation of an integrated venue delivery timeline which serves as the “single source of truth” across all venue operations.
- Establish customs clearance procedures with local authorities and provide clear communication of these procedures to all relevant constituent groups.
- In conjunction with Venue Manager, verify, inspect and establish the physical footprint of logistics space requirements at each venue.
- Determine delivery windows across all official sites and, working with Security, oversee the management of the material delivery/removal scheduling process.
- Provide oversight over the implementation of the venue logistics operating plans; develop departmental policies/procedures; and departmental staff orientation/training. Produce a suitable project plan which described risks and issue.
- Liaise closely with Team Services, Security and Event Transport regarding the planning of movements of participating teams throughout the duration of their stay.
- Draft and establish policies and procedures, including communication and escalation protocols, relevant to the movement of teams to/from airport, team sites, training grounds and match locations.
- In conjunction with Transportation, Security, and Team Services, establish the routes for Team movements throughout the city footprint.
- Manage the receipt, storage, distribution, resupply, and recovery of AFCON assets and equipment at the venues from bump-in/out and tournament time.
- Work with Teams Services representatives to schedule and dispatch team according to transportation requirements.
- Track Team movements and directly communicate with PMA teams as required.
- Use efficient delivery methods to minimize costs and operational inefficiencies.
- Produce the scope and manage the tender and selection of a suitable logistics services provider.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management, or related fields.
- At least 5-years’ experience in Mega Events or Sports.
- Fluent in English & French Languages, both written and spoken, is a Must.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of ERP is a Must.
- Team player, capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity with high level of proactivity.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Manage working under pressure.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, age, and nationality.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration, please send your C.V. to [email protected]
Application deadline 10/08/2021