Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) Specialist (1 POST) At CSSC (CSSC). The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA) Activity. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities (HFs) and improve health service delivery
by the CSSC network of church based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population. Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH), HIV/TB services and other health related areas. The PATA Activity has got two major components;
Component one: Create a network of financially and managerially sustainable HFs and a self-reliant Medical and commodity supply chain Company and Component Two: Improve staff skills and retention at HFs and improve their capacity to provide a continuum of quality care of RMNCAH and HIV/TB services.
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Title: Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) Specialist-1 Post
Report to: Executive Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Knowledge Information Management (KIM) Specialist will be responsible to oversee Knowledge and Information and Management portfolio within CSSC. He/she will be responsible for data management and technical leadership to ensure knowledge and information needs related to the PATA activity and CSSC in general are timely met. Moreover, He/she will lead PATA’s monitoring and evaluation activities including providing direct supervision of M & E officers and data clerks; guide the clinical teams and support the CSSC zonal teams to ensure quality implementation and reporting of program activities. KIM Specialist will also work closely with project officers from specific programmes within CSSC in developing organizational Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan as well as coordinating proposal development processes within the organization for sustainability purposes. Main duties can be clustered into two main areas; (a) knowledge and information management; (b) performance-based planning, monitoring, evaluation & Learning and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish knowledge and information needs for the PATA Activity and also for the organization.
- Coordinate gathering and compilation of success stories, experiences/lesson learned and best practices generated by the PATA Activity for wider dissemination/sharing to key stakeholders.
- Support the management and project staff at all levels within the organization to develop M & E quarterly and annual operational plans that are performance-based and aligned to the donor/s and organizational goals.
- Capacity building in project design, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation
- Guide and coordinate timely and quality reporting, according to set timeframes and reporting requirements and take well-timed remedial action where necessary.
- Facilitate and support organization of annual review, plan and budget meetings
- Develop organizational reporting schedule in line with donor reporting requirements.
- Provide support to the project team on gathering, reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation (M &E) of RMNCAH, HIV and TB interventions.
- Take Lead in pursuing announced funding opportunities and coordinating the proposal development process within the Organization.
- Undertake any other duty as will be determined by the immediate supervisor
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field i.e. Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation
Experiences and Skills
- Proven experience in performance-based planning, MEL and reporting skills
- A minimum of 5 years of hands on experience as MEL senior officer position in HIV, TB or RMCH program.
- Relevant experience in donor-funded project/programme management;
- Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Lotus Notes, Power point, Excel & and Access).
- Demonstrated abilities in assessment techniques and analytical skills; report writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Knowledge in various statistical data packages not limited to Epi info, Stata is essential.
- Ability to work independently whilst maintaining effective communication at all levels
- Proven coaching / mentoring and team building skills
- Advanced analytical skills including data analysis, presentation and report writing
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 27th 2020 and channeled through the following email address:
- Kindly visit cssc.or.tz for the detailed posts with duties, responsibilities, required qualification, experience and skills
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.