Kilombero Sugar Company Limited, the largest producer of sugar in Tanzania operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer)
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented person to fill a job vacancies below
Vacancy title: Business Affairs Manager
The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring trends regarding the industry, providing input to manage public relations, social investments and advocacy, Anticipate potential challenges facing the industry and proactively provide possible solutions, develop messaging to address key stakeholder concerns, support the business in maintaining the license to operate and ensure messaging is accurate and consistent with Illovo minimum standards and goals. .
Key Performance Areas:
• Proactively develop messages to address key industry issues, drivers and growth opportunities
• Monitor and report any external policy developments relevant to the industry
• Engage with legal personnel and other relevant teams to assess impact for identified issues, including engagements with relevant stakeholders
• Develop strategies to resolve regulatory and industry challenges
• Develop narratives to address key positive or negative developments in the industry
• Ascertain the company’s position on legislative and regulatory issues from senior management and business clients
• Represent the organization at various industry and other stakeholder engagements
• Disseminate industry information through written reports and presentations
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships (and networks) with key internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure all company registrations, permits and licenses are obtained and maintained as per government requirements.
• Proactively engage with relevant regulatory policy makers to influence government legislation
Job Qualification And Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Law or Public administration
• 5 – 7 years Sugar related experience in stakeholder and government relations
• Understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks in trade and industry
Vacancy title: Internal Auditor
The successful candidate will form part of the Senior Finance management team and will be responsible for providing reasonable assurance to executive management on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls systems in risk management. .
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Providing reasonable assurance to executive management on the adequacy and effectiveness of existing control systems.
• Evaluating existing control systems to ascertain whether these are in compliance with the Financial Control Framework (FCF) and relevant policies / procedures
• Planning and conducting risk based internal reviews of business processes.
• Highlighting areas of non-compliance to management. Identifying emerging risks affecting the company and developing effective controls to manage the risks within an acceptable level.
• Advising on best practices to be adopted by the company to strengthen and improve the risk management and control frameworks.
• Conducting investigation of possible fraudulent activities and allegations reported through the anonymous reporting mechanism.
• Identify and address specific training and development needs to fill compliance gaps.
• Act as a liaison for external audits, group internal audits and any other compliance reviews.
• Coordinate management responses to group internal audit and external audit queries / findings
• Performing follow ups with management to ensure that management actions are implemented in a timely manner.
• Preparation of internal audit reports to be discussed by the Audit Committee.
Qualification and competencies required:
• At least 3 years relevant experience in auditing in an international company or audit firm.
• Bachelor of Commerce or other equivalent and relevant degree from a reputable institution.
• A holder of CPA/ACCA.
• Analytical, structured, energetic, and organized with attention to detail.
• Proven experience in a manufacturing and/or commercial operating environment will be beneficial
• Able to work independently and be self-motivated
• Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail
• Able to build processes and lay foundations with a passion for continuous improvement. ·
• Willing and able to partner with a hands on mentality and a self-starter.
• Positive attitude, an open mind-set and willing to learn.
• Strong communication and presentation skills and able to communicate across various levels within the Group.
• Fluency in English and Swahili, both verbally and written.
Terms of service:
- The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
- Attractive package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job application procedure
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae which includes three referees with their contacts to email; [email protected] with the subject “Internal Auditor/Business Affairs Manager Application” before 10th July 2020.
The positions are open to both internal and external candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
HUMAN RESOURCES HEAD,
KILOMBERO SUGAR COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 50, KIDATU.