The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations-UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank-and works closely with global and national partners towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Learn more at unaids.org.
Main tasks and Responsibilities of the Position:
- To be provided by the respective Supervisor and reflected in the Terms of Reference for the internship.
- Candidates for internships at UNAIDS must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree program at a recognized educational institution (and have completed three years of full-time studies) or have completed a course of study and have been awarded an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree at a recognized educational institution.
- If candidates are recent graduates they will be expected to start and complete the internship within 12 months of their date of graduation.
- Candidates must be at least 20 years of age at the date of application and have a working knowledge (both oral and written) of at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) require in the office of internship.
- Candidates should be holders of a valid passport from WHO/UNAIDS Member State.
Contractual Terms and Conditions:
- Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
- Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
- The duration of internships is limited to a minimum of eight weeks and a maximum of six months. Stipend may be offered by UNAIDS. During the internship period official travel may exceptionally be required. Interns will be provided with general medical illness, accident and emergency illness coverage insurance.
- Persons with immediate family members employed by the UNAIDS Secretariat (e.g. son/daughter, brother/sister or mother/father) are not eligible for internships. UNAIDS may offer an internship to candidates who have not previously participated in UNAIDS’ internship program.
Applications from people living with HIV are particularly welcome. Applications from women and from nationals of non- and under-represented member states are particularly encouraged.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to the Staff Regulations and Rules of the World Health Organization (WHO) adjusted, as necessary, to take into account the particular operational needs of UNAIDS, and any subsequent amendments.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Note: The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer or promotion of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. The medical criterion for recruitment is fitness to work in the particular post. The United Nations HIV/AIDS Personnel Policy clearly stipulates that no staff and/or potential candidates shall be discriminated against on the basis of real or perceived HIV status. HIV infection, in itself, does not constitute lack of fitness to work. There is no obligation to disclose HIV-related personal information.
Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable UNAIDS to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit UNAIDS’s e-Recruitment website at: https://erecruit.unaids.org. The system provides instructions for online application procedures
MODE OF APPLICATION:
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UNAIDS Internship 2020/2021 CLICK HERE!