Jobs vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute IHI Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Jobs vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute
JOB TITLE: Project Manager (1 post)
IHI is looking for a Project Manager to provide research support to the Wellcome Trust funded project named, “Avoiding Preventable Deaths through the Provision of Essential Treatment in Critical Illness in the COVID-19 Pandemic (POETIC)”.
- A master’s degree in project management or related field.
- A PhD is desirable.
- Previous work as Project Manager on a research project.
- Previous involvement in a Delphi process is desirable.
- A minimum of two-year work experience in project management and applying qualitative research methodologies.
JOB TITLE: Project Officer (1 post)
IHI is looking for a Project Officer to provide research support to the Wellcome Trust funded project named, “Avoiding Preventable Deaths through the Provision of Essential Treatment in Critical Illness in the COVID-19 Pandemic (POETIC)”.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- A master’s is desirable.
- An understanding of qualitative research methodologies is desirable.
JOB TITLE: Biomedical Engineer (1 post)
IHI is looking for a Biomedical Engineer to support the Newborn Essential Solutions and Technologies (NEST) program at IHI. The Biomedical engineer will be responsible for leading all engineering maintenance and coordination initiatives.
- Degree in engineering or other related discipline. Post-graduate levels are highly encouraged to apply. 2-4 years of experience in engineering in the health or development field.
JOB TITLE: Clinical Training Coordinator (1 post)
IHI is looking for a Clinical Training Coordinator to support the Newborn Essential Solutions and Technologies (NEST) program at IHI. The Clinical Training Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, managing and evaluating NEST’s training activities within health facilities and training institutions across Tanzania.
- Bachelor Degree in public health, nursing, midwifery or other health discipline 2-3 years of experience in the provision/ coordination of training in a clinical/health setting.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 17.00hrs, 25th of August 2020.
All application subject lines should read: PROJECT MANAGER – POETIC
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]