Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) is an autonomous institute established under ACT. No 7 of 1996 with the main objective of providing primary, secondary and tertiary care of preventive and curative health services in the field of Orthopaedics, Traumatology and Neurosurgery, as well as being role model for efficient hospital management in Tanzania.
The InstituteMuhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) also involve in human resources development for the nation and also carries out research in these fields with a view of developing cheaper ways of treatment of patients and reducing invalidity to members of the community. Currently the Institute has a bed capacity of 150 beds, (Private 30 and general 120).
4 Government Jobs At Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI)
Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) invites applications from suitably qualified and interested Tanzanians to work in its community pharmacy on Contract basis in the posts of:-
Vacancy title: Pharmaceutical Technicians (3 Posts)
- The applicant should have a Diploma in Pharmacy from any recognized Institution. Must be registered by the National Pharmacy Board of Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determining, preparing and ordering drugs and treatment instruments requirements.
- Storing and Dispensing drugs and treatment instruments as per prescription to patients and staff.
- Compounding/Manufacturing medicines.
- Educating public/patients on proper use of medicines.
- Inspecting drugs and treatment instruments.
- Providing information on reaction resulting from the use of medicine.
- Preparing report on the use of drugs and treatment instruments in the Institute.
- Keeping various records of drugs and treatment instruments.
- Assisting in procurement and maintaining adequate stock of drugs
- Assisting physicians, interns, nurses and patients on medications
- Sorting out and listing drugs expiring within three months for the attention of Superior.
Age: Not more than 25 years.
Remunerations: Attractive renumeration package in accordance with Institute’s Salary scale – PMGSS 4.
Vacancy title: Pharmacist
The applicant should have a Degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) or its equivalent from a recognized institution. Must be registered by the National Pharmacy Board of Tanzania with working experience of at least 6 years as Pharmacist from the reputable organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising the community pharmacy on provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Preparing and coordinating Institute’s systems on procurement, storage and dispensing drugs and treatment instruments.
- Implementing directives of Institute Therapeutic Committee.
- Planning, organizing and directing pharmacy policies and procedures in accordance to the pharmacy board and Institute policies.
- Executing and coordinating scientific research and make use of their results to improve pharmaceutical services.
- Assessing quality, safety and efficiency of drugs and treatment instruments.Monitoring proper consumption of drugs and treatment instruments in the Institute. Educating junior staff, medical staff and public on proper use of drugs and treatment instruments.
- Providing technical advice on the pharmaceutical services in the Institute.
- Determining and controlling drugs and treatment instruments in order to prevent its misuse. Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior.
Age: Not more than 40 years.
Remuneration: Attractive renumeration package in accordance with Institute’s Salary scale – PMGSS 6.
Job application procedure
- Applications should be submitted in confidence including an application letter, CV, 3 referees, and copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contact telephone number. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Applications should reach the Executive Director within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement through the following address:
Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute
P.O. Box 65474
- All applications should be submitted via the post office or at Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI).
- Applicants for the Pharmacist vacancy should have a valid Certificate of Full registration that will be displayed at the Community Pharmacy.
- Deadline of this Job: 02nd November 2020.