Railway Children Africa (RCA) is a subsidiary of Railway Children UK – an international charity that fights for children and youths living and working on the streets (CYLWS). Our work focuses on vulnerable children and youths who live alone and at risk on the streets, where they suffer abuse and exploitation. They run away or are forced to leave their homes where they suffer poverty, violence, abuse and neglect.
They find themselves living on the streets because there is nowhere else to go and nobody to turn to. However, the problems they face on the streets are often even worse than those they endured at home. Every day we fight to change their story. We aim to reach children as soon as they arrive on the streets and intervene before an abuser can, and before they become entrenched in street life.
Recommended For You
- Job At INADES-Formation Tanzania (IFTz) August, 2020
- New 45 Amref Health Africa Jobs August, 2020
- Serengeti Breweries Limited Jobs August 2020, Brand Manager
- Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited Job 2020, Water Chemist
- Jobs At Geita Gold Mining Ltd August, 2020
Our ‘Three Step Change Agenda’ embodies our vision of real change being achieved through success in three interwoven areas:
- Meeting the immediate needs of children on the streets
- Shifting local perception
- Holding governments responsible
Under the USAID Kizazi Kipya Project Railway Children Africa (RCA) is implementing CYLWS component to ensure the needs of these hard-to-reach children and youth are well addressed. RCA is focusing on improving and expanding services for CYLWS.
To achieve this, Railway Children Africa (RCA) is providing technical support to six CSOs implementing the project in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Iringa, Mbeya and Mwanza. The CYLWS service package is delivered through the adapted case management approaches that include the application of three key interventions: street outreach, Youth association model and family reintegration. It also includes stakeholders Coordination to ensure ownership and sustainability the intervention beyond the Kizazi Kipya Project.
RCA would like to procure professional consultancy services to synthesize and document approaches, services, means of service delivery, lessons learnt and best practices from the implementation of the Kizazi Kipya CYLWS component. The assignment focusses on HIV related services for the period of 2018-2020 and seeks to capture and share practices and experiences to build collective knowledge and inform best practices from CYLWS service package delivery.
Jobs At Railway Children Africa August 2020
JOB TITLE: CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY
Location: Dar es salaam, Mwanza, Arusha, Iringa, Dodoma and Mbeya
Period: September 2020 (a total of 30 days including Saturdays)
The assignment will include the following:
- Identifying, analysing and documenting approaches, services, means of service delivery, lessons learnt and best practices.
- Leading stakeholders’ consultation workshop to review and validate the identified approaches, services, means of service delivery, lessons learned, and best practices.
Scope of Work:
The tasks associated with this assignment include:
- Conducting a desk review of existing project literature, including reports and SOPs.
- Develop all the necessary tools for the assignment such as an outline of the study process i.e. methodology, approaches, and format of the final report.
- Conduct individual meetings with CYLWS project staff and stakeholders
- Organise stakeholders’ meetings
- Produce reports
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields
- Experience of similar work
- Experience with street connected children is a plus
- Experience in Tanzania.
Skills and attributes:
- Team player, self-starter, & enthusiastic.
- Excellent English written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to engage others and demonstrated interest in building the personal capacity and skills of other people.
- Creative and analytical thinker.
Method of Application
For the full Terms of Reference please contact us through [email protected] by Friday 14 August 2020.
The application package should include.
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter, including daily consultancy rate and terms
- Contacts for three past professional references related to similar job assignments.
Email the application to [email protected]
Deadline is 5:00pm EAT Friday, 21 August 2020. Railway Children Africa (RCA)