Ajira Mpya Tanzania, Nafasi Za Kazi, New Job Vacancy At World Vegetable Center, June 2020. The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realize the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information please visit our website: worldveq.org.
New Job Vacancy At World Vegetable Center, June 2020
Job Title Research Assistant – Seed Specialist (Arusha, Tanzania)
The Research Assistant- Seed Specialistwill perform the following duties, among others:
- Support project partners to improve seed quality for amaranth and other vegetable crops.
- Monitor and maintain seed quality and health in genebank.
- Conduct routine seed testing and cleaning, including germination tests, moisture tests, etc.
- Collaborate with national institutes to test for common quarantine diseases.
- Contribute to seed physiology research (dormancy, storage behaviour and longevity constants,…).
- Maintain genebank seed inventory data up-to-date.
- Collect and record data and/or samples following instructions contained in experimental protocol.
- Supervise causal laborers during establishment and management of field trials.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Read Also:- Ajira Portal Utumishi Jobs Tanzania 2020/2021
- MSc in Agriculture with a major in horticulture, seed technologyor a related field.
- Minimumoneyear experience with laboratory methods or tools for detecting pathogens and insects.
- Minimumone year experience in vegetable field trials and data collection.
- Good knowledge of plant physiology, diseases and insect-pests of vegetable crops.
- An experience with field layout of experimental designs is an added advantage.
- Good writing skills and ability to communicate in English.
- Good knowledge and experience with the use of statistical software for data analysis.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff position with competitive pay and benefits. The position is only open to Tanzanian nationals. The initial appointment is for six months and may be extended depending on requirement, funding availability, and performance of the incumbent. The position is available with immediate effect.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of application explaining their suitability for and interest in the position along with a detailed curriculum vitae, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including telephone/fax/e-mail) of three referees, and date of availability.
Please send applications stating the job title “Research Assistant – Seed Specialist” by e-mail to [email protected] by the closing date on 20 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted