Job Vacancy DSM At Sokowatch, July 2020. Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment. Job Vacancy DSM At Sokowatch, July 2020
Role: Sales Manager
Reporting to the CEO
Looking for an exceptional leader to take ownership of our customer journey. You are passionate about using data and technology to unlock the potential of local merchants. You are an innovative sales leader with a deep understanding of the power of technology in driving productivity within an organization. Beyond technical abilities, you know how to effectively motivate and train a highly productive sales team. We are seeking a go-getter, who is passionate about unlocking the potential of the informal economy through curated, data-driven customer engagement, and inspired by our mission to empower these local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa annually.
The Sales Manager is responsible for driving countrywide revenue growth and profit margins. The key primary responsibility for this role will be to execute and inform Sokowatch’s customer growth strategy. The person in charge will also build and manage a Growth team and lead all customer-facing functions including but not limited to, acquisition, engagement/ retention, and growth.
- Execute Sokowatch’s growth plan, growth programs, and optimize our revenue funnel.
- Curate customer insight, by blending data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions.
- Leverage customer insights to drive increase optimization across sales, marketing, procurement and product development;
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, data & analytics, product management, Partnerships and Marketing to design and execute growth initiatives;
- Drive the execution and enhancement of the Sokowatch Customer Experience;
- Maintain a deep understanding of market structure changes (eg. pricing, new entrants, new products, new technologies);
- Ongoing lifecycle management of our existing customers to retain them e.g. developing customer retention programs;
- Development and interlock of sales targets with our sales & retention channels
- Coach the Customer Growth and Retention teams for Performance in relation to the targets set and build a winning spirit within the team
- Gather and provide competitive information by regularly tracking competitor activities within the industry.
- Using market insights to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency
- 5+ years of experience in sales and marketing, business development, customer service, or related field with a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- An understanding of how to design effective experiments, and develop a quantitative intuition for interpreting user experience data
- Ability to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into numbers and solutions
- Have a customer-centric mindset
Previous experience leading a Customer Care team is a plus. Job Vacancy DSM At Sokowatch, July 2020