Job Description Job Vacancy At The School of st Jude, July 2020
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about data and making stories out of numbers? If it sounds like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students a 100% free, quality education, 100’s of graduates access to higher education and 30,000+ Tanzanians quality
teaching each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
– Highly motivated self-starter with a critical eye who loves data and making stories out of numbers.
– High level of attention to detail
– Collaborative and you love working with a broad range of stakeholders
– Ability to multitask
– Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
What you’ll do
– Work with all stakeholders of the School (students, staff, families and communities) to find and measure interesting facts about our progress
– Analyze this data and make it into compelling stories for our supporters
– Help to develop, monitor and evaluating frameworks including strategic plans and theory and change models
– Develop and undertake research proposals
– One day you might be interviewing people or running focus groups; another day will be writing a project brief or analysing excel spreadsheets of data.
What we’re looking for
– Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation or Economics
– 3 to 4 years of experience in an NGO or in the International development field
– Strong ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data using tools such as Excel, STATA & SPSS is a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
– A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
– Ample opportunities for career progression and development
– Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/CR/01/20)
Applications close on 24th July 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.