2 Job Vacancies NBC Bank Tanzania, September 2020. NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Job Vacancies NBC Bank Tanzania, September 2020
The following below are 2 Job Vacancies NBC Bank Tanzania, September 2020
Location: Head Office NBC
Type: Full time
Job ID: R-15910577
The Technology Risk & Cyber Security Specialist is responsible for ensuring that specific Technology Risk and Cyber Security controls & solutions are applied to ensure confidentiality, Integrity, availability and non-repudiation of NBC information systems and data are at optimum level, and that they comply with the Technology Key Risk as well as Cyber Security policies and standards, and consequently meets the businesses requirement and safeguards the Bank’s computing environment, business operations and reputation.
- Conducting risk assessments to all new IT systems, identifying the risks that may be introduced and their corresponding controls measures required to mitigate the identified risks.
- Conduct controls snap checks around technology operations and cyber security critical processes.
- Perform regular security assessments on systems configurations, application security, databases, networks and data centers to determine security violations and inefficiencies.
- Be involved in projects implementation providing security guidance from the initial stages of systems/ software development up to the end.
- Assist on threat intelligence and attack monitoring activities identifying abnormalities, reporting violations and recommend essential control measures.
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users.
- Monitor organization’s networks for security breaches and incidents to identify the root cause and investigate a violation when one occurs.
- Regular monitoring, measuring and reporting of technology risk and cyber security thresholds and the related key indicators, identify and define reasons for out of threshold indicators
- Respond to security incidents including ‘phishing’ emails and ‘pharming’ activity, breaches etc.… and mitigate the consequences of a cyber-incident.
- Analyze security events and incidents , identify root cause and impacted control objectives. Ensure risk events are booked for all critical security incidents
- Undertaking third-party due diligence & security assessment for critical IT Vendors and Service Providers to ensure they meet security requirements.
- Assist with internal and external audits engagements relating to information security and technology risk
- Oversee internal and external security assessment activities (Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Test- VAPT)
- Participate/ provide support in fraud investigation that related to technology risk and cyber security
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
- Coordinate implementation of regulatory requirement, and monitor compliance for the same.
- Maintain an information security and technology risk register and actively monitor and coordinate remediation of technology and cyber security control gaps
- Perform and/or coordinate regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with IT Security policies.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology &b security threats and development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced diploma or bachelor’s degree in management information systems, or related field.
- At least one professional Certification in Information Security, System Audit or IT Governance e.g. CISM, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, CEH, or CCNA Security
- At least one professional qualification in ITSM related area (i.e. ITIL or COBIT)
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Good understanding of Infrastructure (servers and network) designs and architecture.
- At least 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Proficiency in Security and Risk management
- Vulnerability management and penetration testing
- Identity and Access Management
- Communications and Network Security.
- Security Operations
- Application Security
- Asset Security
- System Resilience and Data Recovery Capabilities
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications – Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences, Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, IT Security (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Process optimisation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements)
Position: Head of Application Support
Location: Head Office NBC
Type: Full time
Job ID: R-15910494
The Head of Application Support is responsible for the delivery, support, and implementation of complex enterprise application systems (including Core Banking), both cloud, and on-premise. Reporting to the Head of IT, this individual is responsible for leading the enterprise application, digital channels, and UAT functions for the IT organization. In this role, the individual will manage multiple projects and priorities in addition to managing day to day application support & operations. As a single point of contact between IT & business for various applications, you will lead initiatives, resolve problems and develop relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, effective communication with stakeholders and ability to provide leadership and direction to team members will be keys to your success.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of enterprise applications (e.g. core banking applications, CRM, etc.), Digital Channels, and UAT environment in support of business objectives while working to modernize the application landscape.
- Manage overall solution & service delivery for prioritized projects, enhancement and break/fix demand for application portfolio
- Drive standardization & automation across business processes leveraging standard/corporate solutions. Actively engage with business in defining optimal solutions to support and improve business processes.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and enhancements of the architectural roadmap toward a modern technology platform, development standards, and QA practices.
- Responsible for balancing investment between solution iteration and innovation, ensuring the bank explore new technologies (mobility, artificial intelligence, analytics, cloud platforms, etc..), and provide a vision for robust, flexible, scalable enterprise capabilities.
- Establish and grow an enterprise-wide analytics capability, integrating Systems, operations, customer, and endpoint device data to support business operations and strategy.
- Responsible for integrated incident, change and problem management. Ensure systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed for application support.
- Manage solution Implementations, roll-outs and delivery for internal businesses & functions.
- Lead/collaborate with external vendors for projects execution & application support
- Manage, lead and mentor team members. Sets measurable goals and deadlines for team members
- Handle changing priorities and provide decisive leadership in complex situations
- Implement industry best practices for solution as well as service delivery.
- Drive software license optimization initiatives
- Experience in Financial planning including annual budget, forecasting and cost tracking, work estimation, funding requests, application total cost of ownership
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronic & Telecommunications or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in applications including experience in deploying large enterprise applications likes Oracle Flexcube, SAP, etc
- Proven ability to integrate modern technology and legacy platforms, experience with SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- 10+ years of experience leading across the following domains information management, enterprise application development, SDLC, QA, agile and lean delivery methodologies, and ITIL frameworks.
- 10+ years of experience in technology management, leadership, and operations positions, with responsibility for budget and department administration.
- Proven experience of successfully delivering projects on-time, within budget, and in scope.
- Led at least 2 projects that involved global deployment of solutions
- Experience of setting up application support teams, processes & tools for a complex application portfolio.
- Strong Industry and Functional expertise with configuration and design experience
- Has good experience of business engagement and senior Stakeholder management.
- Should be able to organize teams and resolve critical situation or complex requirements.
- Familiar with tools and technology necessary to manage application projects & support (Ticketing tool, monitoring tools, Demand/Capacity management tools, Monitoring tools and automation, Project tracking etc.)
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment
- Should be able to influence decision-making and drive project delivery.
- Should have experience of working /managing application portfolios comprising of technologies like .Net/Java, Microsoft technologies, Linux, Websphere, PostgresSQL, AWS/Azure, Oracle DB, etc
- Knowledge or certificate in Cloud Computing will be added advantage
- Oracle certification will be of added advantage
- Knowledge of banking/ branch operations will be of added advantage
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment.
Deadline: 26th September, 2020.