ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
Job Vacancies At Restless Development, July 2020. We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges.
Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals atbevery level of our organisation.
OUR APPROACH TO SAFEGUARDING
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives.
We recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
You will therefore serve as a role model at all times by personally embodying Restless Development’s mission and values, whilst helping to ensure that Restless Development’s code of conduct, policies and standards are understood by all and adhered to in practice.
In doing so you will ensure our programme implementation does no harm to the environment and all stakeholders.
Recommended For You
- VisionFund Tanzania Jobs, July 2020
- IT Coordinators Job At WIMA (4 POSTS)
- Coca Cola Tanzania Notice On Fake Jobs
- New Driver Jobs 2020 At TA-TESP
- Kilombero Sugar Company Limited Job, July 2020
- Geita Gold Mine Job Vacancies ( 3 POSTS)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Together with Ford Foundation, Restless Development aims to implement Youth-Led accountability Project on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)16.7.2 in Tanzania over a 24-month period to empower youth Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) with tools and skills to advocate for and monitor implementation of inclusive and responsive decision making at different levels of governments.
Influencing and advocacy will be done through formal channels at a national level, within regional institutions/platforms and global spaces. We will also work through a coalition of partners to maximize impact and learning.
The investment’s ultimate outcome will be Targeted stakeholders take action in response to young people’s influence and engagement and provide feedback on progress made.
Restless Development will:
- Build: Train and mentor youth CSOs to address common organizational capacity gaps and accountability
- Mobilize: Connect youth CSOs to collaborate and self-organize to achieve collective impact and scale youth-led accountability monitoring to cope with shrinking civic space. Aiming for inclusion and diversity of young people.
- Influence: Conduct youth-led research to monitor accountability and advocate for commitments made by the government on SDG 16.
For more information on Restless Development’s mission, values and work, please visit: