PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
WORLD RENEW TANZANIA-JOB OPPORTUNITY Responsible for financial transactions, processing of payments and receipts, providing adequate accounting information to various stakeholders and processing computerized input.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Processing of financial Transactions
- Verify all payments for accuracy and budget provisions before submission for approval
- Initiate payments and post transactions in the accounting system.
- Assist reviewing monthly muster payroll.
- Handle payments of statutory and other payroll deductions.
- Assist in handling of insurance Matters.
- Analyze staff debtors’ accounts
- Ensure funds are banked at the right / designated accounts.
- Prepare Monthly bank and cash reconciliations for development projects and follow up on outstanding issues.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic cash-flow statements for projects.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation in the accounting software (online) on or before 9th of the following month.
- Maintain up to date financial records in respect to financial transactions.
- Address issues arising from financial transactions without undue delay.
- Ensure proper filling of financial records and that accounting documents are securely kept.
- Effect and make timely remittance of statutory deductions to relevant authorities by the due dates (e.g. PAYE, NSSF etc)
- Assist combine annual returns and forward the same to the relevant authorities/ Staff.
- Prepare financial statements for specific donor grant reporting and audit requirements.
- Post transactions into ledgers.
- To ensure Monthly conventional /financial reports are ready by 12th of the following month.
- Assist in follow up with partner organizations on issues arising from their financial transactions and reports to World Renew.
- Preparing and monitoring Budget Vs Actual expenditures for both partners and block grant
- Maintain fixed asset register and ensure that assets are adequately insured.
- Prepare accounting records in a timely manner for annual external audits.
- Provide support in co-ordination of external audits.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time
- A committed and mature Christian who is able to articulate their faith in their work.
- High standards of integrity, stewardship and accountability as confirmed by referees and past work experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting and administrative methods with the Tanzanian context.
- At least 3 years of experience and competency in the use of Quickbooks.
- At least 5 years of experience and competency in all the Microsoft Suite of software packages as well as current ICT software including Google mail and Skype.
- At least 3 years of experience and competency in the supervision of finance and logistics staff and generally accepted accountability processes.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and presentation skills and sensitivity to local and the global socio-political context.
- Experience working cross culturally, especially with North Americans is an asset.
- Some experience in the management of private and corporate donor funded projects is also a definite asset.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors (required) degree in finance, accountancy or a related field.
Legal standing as a CPA or at least 5 years of experience in a position of responsibility over complex grants and partnership related financial and administrative processes.
Excellent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Monthly financial reports submitted to Home Office on time
Payments, including payroll, are on time
Full compliance with local laws and regulations
Up-to-date Asset Register
Financial Review completed for each partner in the region, and least once per year PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel up to 10-15% of the time to rural project areas within Tanzania- mostly Geita and Mara. Travel and accommodation in difficult rural areas with limited access to many services such as running water and electricity
HOW TO APPLY
Interested eligible candidates are invited to send their application letter enclosing detailed CV, copy of relevant academic Certificates, and contact information of three reliable referees including names, addresses, tele- phone/mobile numbers and email addresses to [email protected]
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 30 April 2021. Only the candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.