Job Opportunity The School of St Jude Tanzania March 2020
Job Position: International Content Production Officer
Use your skills to help one of Africa’s most successful international education charities!
The School of St Jude is an education institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are seeking a creative and energetic individual to fill the position above based in Arusha, Tanzania at The School of St Jude. New Job Opportunity the School of St Jude Tanzania 2020
To create accurate and engaging content to promote The School of St Jude across multiple channels. Increase awareness of The School of St Jude brand, resulting in an increased website and social media traffic and actions, newsletter subscriptions, and media activity.
In consultation with the Head of Marketing:
- Develop quarterly editorial plans for content creation.
- Assist with planning social media content, email marketing campaigns and content surrounding appeals, promotional tours and fundraising.
- Contribute to a media engagement strategy.
In consultation with the Head of Marketing:
- Plan and create content for St Jude’s international monthly newsletter, including multimedia requirements and facilitate distribution.
- Plan and create content for all St Jude’s social media channels.
- Write, edit, and repurpose content for international mediums including, but not limited to; blogs, media releases, photo captions, infographics, video scripts, etc.
- Create and update content for the website and work with other departments to ensure all information is correct.
- Provide support with day-to-day editorial queries from external parties and other teams.
- Create and update content for international promotional materials and content for annual promotional tours and fundraising appeals. Including, but not limited to; email campaigns, messaging, advertising and social media.
- Undertake marketing meetings with visitors to the school when required.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the school and identify ways to integrate content into other communications strategies.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the marketing image library and facilitate requests.
- Demonstrate best practice for online content creation, particularly usability and accessibility.
- Monitor and respond to enquiries to the marketing inbox.
- Support the marketing team with other administrative tasks, research, asset creation and content uploading, as appropriate.
- Contribute to search engine optimisation by undertaking link building activity.
- Apply The School of St Jude Editorial Policy to all content assigned to you and provide advice to other departments about its application.
- Ensure consistent application of the school’s Branding Guidelines and Writing Style Guide by business and school administration teams, supporters, Friends of St Jude’s charities, third parties and payment platforms.
Monitoring and Review
- Contribute to monthly marketing reports.
- Attend marketing team meetings and one-to-one meetings with manager.
- Keep up-to-date with, and be responsive to, technological advances in digital media production content creation.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all school celebration days.
- Participate in student selection process, including house checks after hours and on rest days up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any duties as assigned by Heads of Department, Managers and Founder.
Qualifications, Skills and Competence
- Two to three years of editorial, copywriting, and digital content creation experience in a busy environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, or related field.
- Basic HTML and web editing skills and familiarity with software for multimedia production (audio, video).
- Hands-on experience in creative writing and communications and up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and fundraising.
- Content management knowledge and skills and good understanding of the digital and content marketing landscape.
- Strong desire to learn, try new things, and problem solve.
- Experience of updating websites in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience of using web-based content management systems, publishing to social media platforms and other databases.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, but also as part of a team.
- Ability and enthusiasm to be a creative and imaginative contributor to the marketing team.
- Fluent written and spoken English (IELTS Level 8 or equivalent).
Attributes you need to be a successful St Jude’s staff member
- Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country.
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
- Energetic, consistent and dedicated personality.
- Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international employees/ short term volunteers.
- Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
What we can offer you
- A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
- International Employees Benefits Package including: house benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion bonuses.
- Mid-morning tea & lunch (during working days)
- Opportunities for career development.
- Welcoming community of international and local employees.
- Two weeks paid Christmas holiday in addition to the annual 28 days leave
How to apply Job Opportunity The School of St Jude Tanzania March 2020
Complete the following:
- Cover letter (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/MKT/03/20)
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Job Description PDF file DOWNLOAD HERE!
- A completed Application Form
Email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org