Job Opportunity at Mott MacDonald
We are seeking a Team leader / Key Expert 1, for a new programme we will be bidding for; The Africa Health Diagnostics Platform (AHDP), with this specific Technical Assistance funded by The European Investment Bank (EIB). The aim of AHDP is to significantly improve the access and quality of laboratory diagnostic services in the public health sector (government-owned facilities and community health care) in sub-Saharan Africa for low income populations.
This will be achieved by enabling public-private partnerships between governments and private sector laboratory and diagnostic companies.
Job Opportunity At Mott MacDonald, September 2020
Team Leader / Key Expert 1 profile:
- At least three of the target countries will be francophone, so French language skills are required. Additionally, they must have a master’s degree or equivalent academic degree in health economics or health finance.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in project implementation and management in the health sector, within development regions, preferably Sub-Saharan Africa. 5 years similar experience of working in a senior expert/management position on DFI/donor financed TA operation projects.·
- Professional experience as a technical expert having implemented at least 3 projects, one of which must be in the health sector.
- Good understanding of health sector policies within Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Public health expertise, preferably on diagnostics and systems strengthening, including public sector engagement.
- Experience in design and implementation of assessments for health sector projects including in the delivery of diagnostics in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience establishing financial and partnership structures.
- Experience in capacity building in the health sector, including the establishment of performance-based funding structures.
Public health efforts in a number of African countries are often compromised by limited access to quality diagnostic services and the poorest people lack the means to pay for the testing that is available. The AHDP intends to improve and extend healthcare in Sub-Saharan Africa by leveraging the knowledge and expertise of the private sector, to improve testing, accuracy and availability of diagnostic services. Ministries of health and finance will directly benefit from the technical assistance and are key implementers of the AHDP.
The purpose of this TA operation is to support the preparation, implementation and subsequent monitoring of the AHDP projects in four new countries to the existing platform. Specific tasks will include feasibility studies, financial affordability analysis, budget and financing plans, tender documents and capacity building in project development, management and financing techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 September, 2020.