Job Opportunity at NRC – Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Training and staff capacity building
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Professional competencies
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or Power B
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and team working skills
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Advanced English Language level (Business English is a plus)
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis (SPSS preferred)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
For more information here is the detailed Job Description
Duty station: Kibondo
Duration and type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 April 2021