Senior Specialist; Middleware Systems
To implement our strategy, architectures, and the ongoing operations and maintenance of middleware technologies.
- Implement and administer Enterprise Middleware Infrastructure – (WebLogic, SOA, XML, SOAP, Web Services, OID, OVD, ESB, Tibco Middleware technologies).
- Install, upgrade, configure, automate and support the Enterprise Middleware technologies.
- Identify and recommended critical patches that apply to the Enterprise Middleware technology stack. Develop patching plan and execute said plan in a timely manner.
- Build capabilities within Middleware team to perform code deployments. Provide standards and training for integrations, release automations and serve as a subject matter expert.
- Troubleshoot and provide timely solution for support problems in production and non-production environments and escalate where necessary. Monitor system logs for middleware systems for root cause analysis.
- Implement and administer security best practices while designing solutions, configuring middleware technologies, and fulfilling audit requests.
- Create, maintain and update strong technical documentation and procedures following the department standards.
- Partner with Business Process, Infrastructure, and Application Development teams to use technology to solve business problems.
- Collaborate with infrastructure team members on standard administration tasks as backup and recovery in case of disaster, also meeting performance and availability as per service level agreements (SLA).
- Collaborate with NOC team members to create monitoring strategy and manage high availability architectures. Must strive for 100 percent uptime.
- Be a positive helpful teammate capable of communicating across a diverse workforce to ensure work transitions effectively without interruption or incident.
- Performance tuning in WebLogic environment and all other web server technologies.
- Vendor management and ensure compliance with middleware licenses.
- Responsible for 24/7 Production Support.
- Business understanding of systems in banking, and all other system deployed in the middleware environment. Better if will have knowledge on the Flexcube Core Banking System.
- DevOps skills preferably with Java language hands-on .
- WebLogic Server preferable or any other web server technologies.
- Database administration skills preferably in Oracle RDBMS and others.
- Unix and window administration.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork focused
- Adaptable and customer service oriented
- Demonstrated competency in accurately identifying the scope of work and preparing thorough, accurate and detailed schedule estimates
- Excellent problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or any other related discipline.
- Certification on WebLogic Server, Oracle database, Java language
- 5+ years of managing Middleware technology (Oracle preferred)
- 5+ years of Oracle WebLogic experience (version 10.3.5 and above)
- Working knowledge of Oracle SOA Suite, Different types of Service Bus, JMS Messaging, WebServices, Java, Linux/UNIX Scripting
- 5+ years of development expertise with SOA/Service Bus/WebLogic toolset.
- Strong Knowledge of J2EE framework components including JDBC, JMS, and JNDI
- Strong knowledge of WLST, Python/Jython.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems.
- Deep knowledge of Fusion Middleware and WebLogic Diagnostic Framework (WLDF)
- Working knowledge of Automating Processes and Database knowledge
- Strong understanding of Intranet and Extranet Architecture.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advise that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 June 2021.