Job Opportunity at Mzumbe University (MU).It was established by the Mzumbe University Charter, 2007 under Section 25 of the Universities Act. No. 7 of 2005 which repealed Mzumbe University Act. No 9 of 2001. As a Training Institute, the University boasts of over 50 years‟ experience of training in the administration of justice, business management, public administration, accountancy, finance, political science and good governance.
Job Opportunity At Mzumbe University
On behalf of Mzumbe University, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanian‟s to fill (1) vacant posts as mentioned below.
JOB TITLE: PERSONAL SECRETARY II – (1 POST)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Type confidential and open letters;
- Take care of all office facilities under custody;
- Answer correspondences involving routine matters;
- Check office registers to ensure that they are well maintained;
- Receive and directing visitors;
- Keep minutes/records of meetings;
- Take dictations by shorthand;
- Receive, sorting and file mails;
- Initiate and maintaining own file system;
- Prepare agendas and making arrangements for various meetings;
- Receive files, distributing to officers and collect them back to the registry after their use;
- Trace files, circulars and any other things requested by his/her superior for Office use; and Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of Ordinary/Advanced Secondary education certificate,
- Must have attended Secretarial course and passed stage III exams from any recognized training institution.
- Also must have 80wpm in both Shorthand and hatimkato with literacy in computer programs such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet, E-Mail, Publisher and have pass in both English and Kiswahili.