KIWOCE works to empower, educate, and promote social economic development for youth and local community members and others who seek advancement. The Center does this by providing children and young adults in the community, who could not access formal education, a place to develop their knowledge and skills to be capable of employment and/or further education.
The KIWOCE Open School is registered by the Institute of Adult Education (IAE) and provides Secondary Education in the informal sector (a.k.a. the QT system), Computer & English Short courses, Pre-Form One, Pre-Form Five and other short courses. The school has also established several clubs for its students and offers community seminars on a variety of topics, including agricultural best practices. As of 2020 the Center also is a registered Testing Center.
The KIWOCE Open School utilizes technology in teaching and is a home of innovative and motivated teachers who use active learning strategies to address students at all levels. Many of KIWOCE’s students have deficient prior education. English is the medium of communication. The Center also includes a newly finished hostel facilities for girls and a separate small hostel for boys.
JOB POSIITION: Site Manager
ORGANIZATION: KIWOCE (Kilimahewa Women’s & Orphans Center for Education), a registered Tanzanian NGO, Moshi
REPORTING TO: Founder/Executive Director
LOCATION: At “Kwa Msafiri” near Mailisita area, just about 7 Km outside Moshi town.
CONTRACT: 1-year Full-time paid position
SUMMARY OF POSITION
KIWOCE is looking for a KIWOCE Site Manager who will:
- Work with all staff (teaching and support) to ensure all operational and academic aspects of the Center are managed to run smoothly
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, systems that promote coordination and clear communication of tasks among all staff
- Consult with the Center’s Founder/Executive Director on important policy, planning and management issues
- Take the lead in problem-solving operational matters that arise on a daily basis
- Ensure that financial staff activities and procedures are in compliance with the Center’s commitment to honest and transparent reporting
- Review and approve spending requests from petty cash and all aspects of the financial policy
- Oversee Center’s reporting to auditors and tax authorities
- Ensure that the teaching and learning occurring in classrooms meets student-centered educational standards and conduct regular staff meetings to problem solve issues that may be causing roadblocks to meeting this goal.
- Implement a positive working environment for staff and learning environment for students.
- Work with the Executive Director on staff recruitment as needed.
- Prepare quarterly reports for government entities and for the Executive Director to share with Board of Directors and donors
- Respond in a timely manner to communication and requests from donors.
- Work with the Center’s Development Manager on potential partnerships with other schools, NGOs or other organizations
- Serve as a role model of professional behavior to all Center staff and students
- Required qualifications:
- 5+ years in organizational, business administration and/or human resource management
- A Degree in Human Resource or other management field from a recognized University.
- Strong leadership skills and team-building skills and experience in managing others
- Fluency in English
- Desire to support teacher and staff performance and student achievement
- Computer skills and an understanding of the use of learning purposes
- An understanding of the workings and requirements of the Tanzanian educational system
- Experience and enthusiasm in working with youth from backgrounds of limited resources
- Either international experience or exposure to international organization perspectives and expectations
YOU’LL FIT INTO KIWOCE’S CULTURE IF:
- You show a deep commitment to an environment that stresses student capabilities, positive nurturing and respect among all staff and students.
- You value high standards of professionalism and rigor.
- You value transparency as key to building collaborative teams.
- You want to support the development of Tanzanian society above your own personal interests.
Candidates interested and who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their CV including contact details of three professional references and a Cover Letter (indicating their suitability for this position) to [email protected].
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS JANUARY 15TH 2020.
Please clearly indicate “Site Manager” in your email subject line. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email. Please do not make any phone calls or submit hard copies.