Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga (ESIS), is looking for a highly motivated individual to take the position of PRINCIPAL with immediate effect.
Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga
Title of the Post: Principal
Duty Station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Terms of Service: Two (2) years contract renewable
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of PhD in Geosciences from a recognized University with at least 5 years’ work experience as a Tutor, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or a Professor at Technical Institutions. A candidate who has worked in the Mining Industry at any capacity for at least 3 years will have an added advantage of consideration. A holder of Master’s degree in geology or geo-sciences from a recognized institution with proven tract-record of holding successfully high-level administrative positions in the mining industry or in the government with at least 4 peer-reviewed article publications can be considered for the post. Must be computer literate with good command in English language.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall be the CEO and Chief Accounting Officer of ESIS and shall be responsible to the Board of Directors;
- Shall be the Chief Liaison Officer of ESIS to the public in Tanzania and abroad and shall therefore strive to keep the image of ESIS positive at all times; c Shall establish and maintain a proper administration of the Institute in accordance with policy laid down by the Board of Directors; d Shall develop, recommend and advise the Board of Directors on academics, infrastructure, human resources and other strategic matters that lead to ESIS competitive advantages;
- Shall be responsible for promoting efficiency in the training of both short – and long-term courses, research, consultancy and publications; f Shall emphasize, promote and supervise competitions at individual levels, groups among staff and students of high-quality innovations, discoveries and creativity at ESIS; ~
- Shall make sure funds for constructing and renovating ESIS premises are available through quality proposal writing, consultancy services and through other sources; h Shall organize and direct staffing, compensation, staff development and staff relations in accordance with policies and guidance given by the Board of Directors;
- Shall enforce all by-laws and regulations made by the Board of Directors;] Shall be the Secretary to the Board of Directors and k Shall perform any other duties directed and as delegated to him / her by the Board of Directors.
Salary Scale: Negotiable
Terms of Engagement: Two years contract renewable every two years depending on the performance of the individual in achieving the goals of ESIS LTD.
- Effective Leader, Assertive and influential, Customer focused, Confident, Reliable, well organized, Safety conscious, Results driven, Proactive, Flexibility, Accuracy, and Team player.
Mode of Application
Prospective candidates are invited to submit applications together with copies of their certificates, transcripts, CVs, motivation letters with e-mail address, a reliable postal address and telephone numbers; both mobile and landline, copies of relevant certificates/testimonials/transcripts and email addresses of three (3) referees to the following: –
Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga LTD,
P.O.BOX 1016, Shinyanga.
Or email to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Until when position is filled
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- ESIS is not a gender-biased organization. Hence, all prospective applicants are encouraged to apply;