Job Opportunity At Community Forests Pemba April 2020
Post: CFP Unguja Zone Operations Manager
2. MISSION, VISION, VALUES
Community Forests Pemba (CFP) is a Tanzanian non-governmental organization founded and headquartered on Pemba Island, Zanzibar which has been working with local partners and its international sister organization, Community Forests International, since 2008 to advance shared goals of social, economic, and ecological prosperity.
Together we have planted over 3 million trees, innovated several new climate-smart technologies and enterprises, and demonstrated that the best solutions come directly from the people who need them most.
Mission: To overcome poverty and adapt to climate change by sharing knowledge, advancing sustainable livelihoods, and restoring the natural environment.
Vision:Zanzibar communities thrive in harmony with the natural world.
· Trust is essential to strong relationships, and relationships are the foundation of our work. We act with honor and integrity to preserve trust between all members of our community.
· Solidarity. Tuko pamoja – we are together. Everyone is equal and has a role to play in creating positive change. We believe in sharing our challenges and working as one.
· Impact. We believe that we can change the world through innovation in Zanzibar. We share our local lessons and stories widely to maximize our positive impact globally.
3. JOB SUMMARY
The Unguja Zone Operations Manager leads a team of expert technical staff in the delivery of day-to-day work activities to ensure smooth and efficient coordination of efforts and the achievement of a high volume and standard of operational outputs and outcomes.
The Unguja Zone Operations Manager is a team leader, and like all great leaders will do whatever it takes to remove barriers to team success as they arise and ensure that technical staff can continuously raise the quality of their individual and collective impact.
4. RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Lead approximately 10 technical staff on 4 integrated field teams to deliver complimentary work packages in climate-smart horticulture, nutrition, enterprise development, and finance within various wards and communities on Unguja Island.
- Ajira Mpya Tanzania Leo | New Jobs In Tanzania 2020
- Ajira Utumishi Portal 10 Job Opportunities At Various Organisations
Key Performance Indicators
- Coordinate the delivery of direct training and material support to 7,250 beneficiaries per year (>55% women, >33% youth).
- Oversee the creation and acceleration of at least 10 new sustainable enterprises per year.
- Ensure achievement of world class operational outcomes including; increased yields for 80% of small scale farmer beneficiaries ; improved knowledge and practice for 95% of nutrition beneficiaries ; increased income for >70% enterprise beneficiaries; and improved financial literacy for 80% of financial inclusion beneficiaries.
Operational Planning & Management
- Study, understand, and contribute to the continuous improvement of CFP’s strategic priorities, working principles, and operational processes.
- Guide, approve, and oversee implementation of individual and collective operations plans for Unguja zone technical staff in line with project deliverables and executive officer directives.
- Support the Executive Director in optimizing operations to match evolving organizational priorities and special task forces.
- Support the Chief Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer in mobilizing technical staff for the proper collection and reporting of project data.
- Support the VIUNGO Chief Project Manager in developing and implementing project-specific workplans.
Field Staff Management
- Coordinate and monitor the daily activities of technical staff and provide regular performance feedback, with special attention to celebrating positive accomplishments and the early detection and troubleshooting of any challenges arising.
- Complete regular performance appraisals for technical staff as per CFP policy and advise on related personal growth and professional development plans.
- Recommend disciplinary actions for technical staff to executive officers as necessary.
- At least 5 years professional experience in an equivalent role or in roles which would prepare the applicant for the responsibilities of team leadership and operations management.
- First-hand working experience in the horticulture sector and direct delivery of technical supports to small scale producers or in roles which would provide the applicant with a deep understanding of the working realities of field officers.
- Experience in European Union (EU) supported projects or familiarity with equivalent regulations and reporting standards.
- Communication. Effectively explain complex concepts in simple, clear language and accurately interpret the ideas, information, and needs of others.
- Accountability. Holds self and others accountable for all decisions and interpersonal relationships while following through on commitments and focusing on those activities that have the greatest positive impact.
- Managing for results. Highly organized and able to design and implement processes that effectively manage people and resources to optimize overall operational performance, including encouraging growth and leadership across the team as a key success pathway.
- Risk mitigation. Knowledge of processes and techniques for assessing and controlling operational exposure to various risks and ability to apply this knowledge in response to diverse situations.
- Innovation and creative problem solving . Ability to develop new and better ideas or solutions that result in improvement of team performance or outcomes.
Proficiency in digital applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
6. APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitate (CV) outlining your experience as it relates to this job description to [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Unguja Zone Operations Manager’.
Community Forests Pemba is committed to diversity in our work environment and we encourage applications from both women and men, young and old, and persons living inside and outside of Zanzibar. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. To learn more about our work please visit: