Job Opportunity at Buckreef Gold Company Limited Buckreef Gold Company Limited is seeking to recruit Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will ensure activities in the Finance Department are effectively performed and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with BGCL Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Accountant at Buckreef Gold Company June, 2020
Reporting to: Chief Accountant
Work Schedule: 6 weeks On / 2 weeks Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Analysing and identify cost control data and adjustments prior to month end reports generated, ensuring operating expenses are correctly coded
- Generating and reviewing all department’s monthly accruals & preparing monthly, quarterly, yearly forecasts
- Providing up to date financial information as and when required by Leaders
- Ensure all departmental financial & labour budgets prepared, updated & available at all times
- Processing inter-company charges and debits and ensure reconciles
- Assist is accounts payable procedures
- Processing and verifying all prepaid expenses, inventories and ensure are properly accounted in the accounts
- Preparing & capturing back-charge invoices in the financial reporting system from AR to AP
- Resolving of customer queries on time
- Maintaining accurate electronic records information in required databases
- Always adhere to Company Policies & Procedures
- Recording and maintaining required hard copy and electronic files as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Comply with the non-disclosure of company financial information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Finance or Equivalent
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) Registration as a practicing accountant in Tanzania
- Minimum of 1 -2 years’ Post Graduate Experience as an Accountant
- Mining Industry experience will be an added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite.
- General understanding of reporting systems.
- Basic Supply Chain knowledge, including accompanying systems.
- Time management, scheduling and planning.
- Report writing, budgeting, auditing.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/ Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ACCOUNTANT” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to:[email protected] If you are not contacted by Buckreef Gold Company LTD within thirty (10) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking. Please forward applications before 27th June 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGCL does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1 8443641830 or through [email protected]