Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Job Opportunity at ABSA Bank Limited Tanzania – Markets and Treasury (PTS) – Officer-2
Position: Markets and Treasury (PTS) – Officer-2
Location: Absa House – ABT
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Execution of post trade services in support of Markets and Treasury trading; ensuring that services are executed in accordance with the applicable policies, procedures and broader governance and control framework. Trading supported may include trading of Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities (FICC) and/or Equities products both in principal and/or in an agency capacity, where approved for trading by the Markets/Treasury businesses.
Assigned tasks and responsibilities may change from time to time at the discretion of management; depending on the services required to be executed by the broader team and the nature of the trading activities being undertaken by the Markets and Treasury business.
Markets and Treasury are global businesses so the jobholder will have both In Country and Regional accountabilities.
- Execute post trade services and related pre trade service activities accurately, completely and in a timely manner. Relevant pre and post trade service activities include:
- External account management (cash and custody)
- New and amended product approval
- Client and account setup and maintenance
- Client reference data setup and maintenance
- Trade and life-cycle event affirmation, confirmation and settlement
- Fee and tax operations
- Client asset servicing
- Secure custody of source document andsecurities/collateral
- Cash, securities/stock and other reconciliations
- Related third party payments
- Daily Reconciliation of Treasury and Markets product with Product Systems Vs BRIANS GL
- Develop and implement snap checks, CPA and Risk assessment in Treasury and Markets PTS
- Make sure all the Maker and \checker process in the Respective area is practiced and is in tight control.
- Awareness of responsibilities and escalation of training gaps/required;
- Take accountability for all operational losses, cooperate in root cause analysis and implement resulting actions;
- Continuously monitor automated processes with timely issue escalation and resolution;
- Support system enhancement initiatives by participating in pre-implementation testing and sign off ensuring that business and client servicing is not impacted; and
- Suggest control and process re-engineering initiates which enable continuous process improvement and allow for increased trade volume and complexity.
- Provide input to pre-approval of New and Amend Product Approvals;
- Assist to ensure all processes are documented/updated and ensure controls have been updated to reflect any new controls introduced as a result of process/procedure change;
- Provide input to control self-assessments highlighting where controls are not designed and/or operating effectively in line with Control Standard requirements;
- Ensure key external risks /threats / changes which may have an impact on business are communicated /escalated to all relevant stakeholders;
- Cooperate with Internal and External Audits to ensure audits can be carried out in a timely manner and with transparency; and
- Ensure compliance to policies, legislation, & regulations ensuring all mandatory training & attestations are completed in a timely manner.
- Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)