Medical Store Department (MSD). The Department is a semi autonomous Department under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, established by Act of Parliament No.13 of 1993 with an objective of developing, and maintaining an efficient and cost effective system of procurement, storage and distribution of health commodities required for use by the public and accredited faith-based health facilities.
It has a zonal network all over the country directly serving 8000 health facilities through an Integrated Logistical System.
6 Job Opportunities At Medical Stores Department (MSD)
On behalf of Medical Stores Department (MSD), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanian‟s to fill (6) vacant posts as mentioned below.
ASSISTANT TECHNICIAN II – (6 POSTS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise hired artisans for office minor repairs for works such as painting;
- Undertake simple fixing under supervision of engineers and civil technician;
- Ensures that working tools and equipment’s are clean and in good order all the time;
- Ensures MSD workshop premises are clean all the time;
- Ensures the availability of safety gears at the workshop; and
- Verifies and inspects all purchased spares for motor vehicles.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of Form IV certificate or equivalent qualification with Trade Test II/ LEVEL II in Fitter turner from a recognized Vocational Training Institution.
- Computer literacy is an added advantage.