Job opportunities at Nmb Bank Plc Tanzania NMB Bank Plc. (“NMB”) is a full service commercial bank incorporated in the United Republic of Tanzania. Through its 3 main business divisions: Retail, Wholesale, and Treasury, NMB provides a suite of financial services and products to retail customers, farmers, SMEs, Corporates, Institutions and the Government.
To plan, organize, and lead a roadmap that delivers cost-effective and efficient bank security controls to protect and defend the bank’s network infrastructure against any internal and external threats such as cyber-attacks.
- Protect the bank’s network infrastructure with appropriate security controls.
- Manage and ensure optimal security configurations for all network security hardware, equipment, and Software including Firewalls, Network Access Control Appliances, Routers, Switches, and Load Balancers.
- Conduct research and provide recommendations on the network security products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network security continuous improvements.
- Provide ownership of all the security incidents through to the final resolution for the network security technologies implemented within the bank’s infrastructure.
- Implement security governance by defining, developing, implementing, and maintaining required network security procedures, standards, and guidelines in line with the bank’s specified level of approvals.
- Continuously monitor all incoming and outgoing network traffic for any unusual and malicious activities.
- Provide technical statistics and reports related to network security technology roadmap necessary to aid in management decisions.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the network security hardware, software and license, and support.
- Design and manage network security architecture and documentation.
- Perform network security infrastructure self-audit to establish all possible loopholes and provide necessary recommendations.
- Work with key technology and project stakeholders/colleague to ensure network security services are timely delivered.
- Knowledge of network security standards and baselines.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Demonstrable honesty, integrity, and credibility.
- Ability to communicate complex security concepts in an easy-to-understand business language.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related academic field.
- At least have a CCNP Security certification or related certification.
- Security-related certifications – CISA, CISM, CISSP are preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in network security technologies and configuring firewalls, Load Balancer, Network Access Control Systems, routers, and switches.
- Hands-on experience in Network Routing & Switching, SSL/ IPSec, VoIP,
- Experience in scripting and automation using PowerShell and Bash/Shell Scripting.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date, then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.”