Job Opportunities At NBC Bank Tanzania. NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Job Opportunities At NBC Bank Tanzania
The following below are Job Opportunities At NBC Bank Tanzania:-
Head of Business Advisory Compliance
To form part of a professional Compliance team that is located at NBC, ensuring that the relevant policies are applied, that the compliance culture is embedded in business to robustly manage regulatory and reputation risks. The individual will be overseeing coverage of departments and will work within a pressurized, deadline driven environment.
Stakeholder Relationship Mgmt
- Assisting the Head of Compliance to align the Compliance function to Absa, formulate, update and implement control procedures and policies that will ensure adequate risk management to enable business; compilation of training material and training of relevant staff; adequately monitoring instances of non-compliance with the company’s policies and procedures and generally establishing a compliance culture and creating an awareness of compliance through interaction with business
- The role requires close interaction with senior members of the front office and infrastructure in country. In addition there will also be ad hoc interaction with senior stakeholders from the Regional South Africa Office.
- Continued pro-active stakeholder engagement and involvement on a business, regulator and industry level.
- Participate in industry-related initiatives and establish networks with key role players
- Serve as nominated members of industry commitees relevant to allocated cluster of regulatory requirements or any other committee as requested by the Head of Compliance.
- Provide feedback to business stakeholders of compliance issues of common interest in relation to industry developments.
- Participate in Absa and NBC’s committees as allocated
- To facilitate and embed policies, processes and business requirements to ensure that risk is sufficiently mitigated in country
- Manage and oversee the implementation of the compliance governance and control framework for all departments
- Review Compliance policies that are applicable to business for in country approval and implementation
- Provide advice, guidance and support to businesses including transactional advice, conflicts, new products and business initiatives/projects.
- Responsible for managing the business compliance processes, e.g. complaints process, conflicts clearance process, wall crossings, Personal account dealing, outside business interests, gifts and entertainment approvals, etc.
- Responsible for managing the dealing loggings.
- Implement and maintain the “fit-for-purpose” operational framework managed to address all elements which fall under the scope of Compliance.
- Support the compliance expansion (organic and inorganic) support activities such as due diligence, integration planning, new business launches, etc
- Support business in the effective management of all businesses compliance risks. It is preferred that the compliance business advisory to have regular engagement with the stakeholders.
- Assist in the effective management of regulatory relationships.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance policies and procedures are in place and embedded to meet Group and local regulatory requirements.
- Interpret statutes and regulations to determine whether the regulatory environment in country impacts a particular business product or project.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of applicable business policies and products.
- Responsible for the Compliance input into the NPA process.
- Responsible for reviewing new and existing products.
- Up skill and continuous training to relevant in country staff (new and existing) on compliance matters and follow up to ensure their completion of mandatory trainings. This includes face to face as well as on line training.
- Participate in the in country approval of transactions with high reputational risks
- Development of monthly Compliance reports.
- Adequately escalate and address breaches and incidents
- Report on the level of compliance with internal policies and procedures, applicable laws, regulations and rules impacting the businesses. Conduct verification testing and business monitoring.
- Conduct Monitoring and Surveillance for CIB, RBB and Infrastructure
- Escalate breaches and incidents to the Regional Compliance team.
- To design and implement training to compliance and Business staff in line with the Absa Policy requirements including the Compliance training manual.
- Provide input into the continued development of the compliance methodology based on own experience, research conducted and information received from stakeholders
- Pro-actively monitor key risks in terms of in country regulatory requirements including but not limited to data mining of the in country complaints data .
- Upkeep of regulatory knowledge on CIB, RBB and Infrastructure environment is required.
- Facilitate the submission of any compliance business advisory Reports related to allocated regulatory requirements including reviews in support thereof;
- Maintain Compliance Risk Profile Workshop Documents in respect of allocated in country regulatory requirements.
- Develop relevant compliance tools for the allocated regulatory requirements to assist management to manage the associated compliance risk.
- Manage delivery of all Monthly and Quarterly Compliance reports to Line Management, Business and the Regional Africa Compliance functions.
- Development and maintenance of key risk and performance indicators, risk and control assessments, and risk management plans.
- Provide relevant, accurate and updated information on request or in terms of agreed timelines to be included in various stakeholder reports such as the Group Risk Governance and Control Committee, Group Governance and Control Committee, Group
- Audit and Compliance Committee, Absa GRCB, ORC Report, Regulatory Principle Risk Report, Annual Financial Statements.
- Manage all in country CIB, RBB, WIMI and Infrastructure related projects.
- Ensure commercially sound Compliance guidance and support in respect of CIB, RBB and Infrastructure requirements in a professional and helpful manner, always considering the potential alternatives within the rules and regulations applicable, endeavouring to find solutions to ensure compliance as well as the continuation of business.
- Support our stakeholders by providing well researched opinions and articles.
- Participation and involvement in quarterly monitoring planning meetings by providing guidance iro allocated regulatory requirements, the relevant sections to be monitored and the frequency of monitoring.
- Review Absa policies for in country approval and implementation. Develop local addenda where applicable. Manage the submission to Board and in country Regulator where applicable.
- Provide reports and assist with queries from stakeholders with regards to allocated policies.
- Annual and ad-hoc reviews and update of policies and associated procedure manuals.
- Co-ordination of Group-wide monitoring and content of audit plans in respect of allocated policies.
- Maintenance of the allocated Compliance Policies.
Management and Leadership:
- Work within a team of compliance specialists to ensure effective daily operations in alignment with the accountabilities listed above.
- Support the Head of Compliance and the Regional Compliance to develop a high performing team by conducting daily and weekly operational performance discussions and assisting employees to prepare the portfolio of evidence for formal performance development discussions.
- Coach and mentor fellow team members on a daily basis on how to improve their productivity and use of the bank’s processes and systems.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the business compliance advisory with Head of Compliance and Regional Compliance, and ensure that identified training requirements are executed.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Compliance Advisory & Interpretation (Meets all of the requirements), Compliance Experience, Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements)
Technology Procurement & Asset Manager
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The role is responsible to ensure that new and existing IT Assets and Services are procured and renewed cost-effectively. It will also ensure that that the performance of existing IT contracts are pro-actively monitored and that the Bank’s IT assets are diligently monitored and managed. As a result, the Bank will effectively control the cost of technology delivery and support, in line with operational priorities and strategy.
- Report, plan, monitor and record software license and hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Maintaining accurate hardware and software asset management information, forecasting and budgeting management, as well as financial asset planning.
- Ensure quality control throughout the lifecycle of all company IT assets by developing and implementing appropriate procedures to track and manage them.
- Responsible for the use and governance concerning the ITAM tool(s) deployed as well as in the management, monitoring, and reporting on IT assets and inventory.
- Develop, deploy and ensure the adherence to IT Asset Management (ITAM) process across the group through an effective governance framework
- Ensure compliance to software and hardware vendors contractual terms by effectively tracking, monitoring, reporting, auditing, renewing and disposing assets throughout their lifecycle
- Apply a continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies employed in technology spending, as well as in tracking company assets within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) throughout their lifecycle
- Manage activities concerning license compliance audits to be able to answer to requests from software editors effectively
- Establish and maintain documentation of procedures, processes, and reports concerning asset and configuration management
- Take part in other ITSM processes, or as required perform as a back up to maintain operational activities
- Working closely with the Finance team to produce all the necessary Financial Management information packs required to effectively Manage IT Costs and the IT budget
- Supporting demand management and new business cases to ensure accurate OPEX costs are monitored and reflected for future budgeting
- Leading cost control initiatives to reduce the IT operational cost base
- Develop standards and controls and establish guidelines for contracts and purchase quotes
- Create workflows and processes to source technology services, software and hardware in a consistent manner
- Oversee the identification of vendor gaps and overlaps against governance framework for technology service providers, and manage supplier relationships to ensure alignment to Bank’s needs
- Work with HoIT to develop and fulfill pipeline of procurement activity, supporting regional requirements and leveraging global agreements as required
- Track and report benefits
- Represent IT Procurement at appropriate governance forums and management review meetings
- Lead regular reviews with suppliers to ensure all terms and conditions are met and that any problems are identified, mitigated and resolved
- Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
- Assist line managers with implementing sourcing strategy as it relates to transition methodology, developing processes and templates, base lining data and setting performance measurement criteria for engagements
- Lead the engagement with external suppliers for the acquisition of IT services, software and equipment to deliver the best commercial arrangement for the Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years of prior relevant experience in procurement/cost tracking and/or vendor SLA management
- Experience of contract negotiation, interpretation and ongoing delivery of contractual obligations
- Experience of managing suppliers and external suppliers in the technology sector
- Advanced understanding of finance, supply chain, sourcing and/or procurement (profit and loss, cost centres, GL accounts, purchase orders)
- Experience of Service Level Agreement measurement and review
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of RFPs (Request for Proposal), SLAs (Service Level Agreement) and vendor scorecards
- Experience of contract execution and ongoing delivery of contractual obligations
- Proven track record of significant cost savings through effective implementation of sourcing agreements and supplier management
- Experience with onshore and offshore managed service contracts
- Experience in strategic relationship management of technology services, software and hardware
- Strong Excel skills, with the ability to query and analyse data, e.g. using formulae and pivot tables.
- Able to effectively translate and accurately finance matters to senior technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Commercially aware, with a results oriented, pragmatic approach.
- Professional manner, with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- Inquisitive and tenacious, with an ability to challenge constructively where and when appropriate.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Drives Execution , Thinks Strategically, Agile and Leads Authentically
Advanced Diploma – Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences, Analytical Thinking – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Digital affinity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Management information systems (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)