Job At Vodacom Tanzania, July 2020 HSE & Wellbeing Senior Specialist
The purpose of the Environmental Health and Safety and Wellbeing Senior Specialist is to drive the strategy of Health, Safety and Environment& Wellness strategy within Vodacom. To identify and remedy high risk areas for HSE across the business through actively promoting a culture of safety within division.
Also the HSE & Wellbeing Senior Specialist manages the delivery of services aimed at enhancing the employee experience in the area of health, safety and wellbeing, in accordance with standards and regulations, in both the physical and cultural environment and office and non-office locations. They are guided by established precedents to conduct health surveillance, testing fitness for work and biological monitoring and deliver the arrangement of workstations enabling people and things to interact efficiently and safely through assessment and control of workplace health hazards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES Job At Vodacom Tanzania
• Manage, implement and review annually the HSE management plans; Legal appointments, Risk Assessments; Trainings etc and ensure HSW targets and objectives are met.
• To develop and implement and maintain HSW Policies and Procedure
• To implement and monitor the HSE& Wellbeing objectives across the Business and ensure objectives and targets are achieved.
• To implement and maintain the EHS System
• Manage supplier HSE forums and upskilling sessions to inculcate HSE culture
• Manage and provide input into budgetary requirements
• Provide internal training and or toolbox talks to all staff to drive awareness.
• Conduct risks assessments and apply appropriate risk control measures related to the risk profile of each functional area.
• Conduct incident investigations and provide appropriate feedback and identify areas of improvement to ensure that each incident has been closed out
• Compile monthly and quarterly reports on timely.
• Responsible for managing and establishing sound collaborative relationships with all relevant service providers
• To ensure compliance by suppliers to company policies (Gate 1, Gate 2, Tier 2 and Road Risk assessments) as well as ensure legal compliance (OSHA).