We are a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Job At Absa Group Limited August 2020
Position: Forensic Investigations Manager
Location: Absa House – ABT
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us. With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To provide specialist advice and conduct forensic investigations to enhance stakeholder confidence, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
- Record the time and date, observations made names and descriptions of other individuals at the scene.
- Confirm photographs or videotapes are taken of the crime scene as key evidence for reports and debriefing.
- Obtain master and duplicate copies of the crime scene Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) footage.
- Maintain evidence integrity (chain of evidence).
- Assist in taking statements from witnesses.
- Supply investigation statement and all relevant exhibits (CCTV footage, value statement etc.) to all parties concerned.
- Formulate written reports detailing actions that occurred at the scene starting with the FIC notification of the incident.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies.
- Meet with Public Prosecutor, Senior Prosecutor and Director of Public Prosecution.
- Assist with the analysis of crime information and the identification of suspects.
- Conduct any relevant internal investigation, polygraph examination, forensic investigation etc. all within the Constitution and Criminal procedure Act and the Absa Policy framework.
- Provide evidence of employee’s involvement – where there is internal involvement.
- Testify as a witness in any dispute resolution.
- Responsible to ensure the reporting of risk events for criminal and judicial purposes takes place.
- Adhere to relevant local and regional laws and bank policies.
- Preserve confidentiality, respect the individual rights and conduct the investigation with strict regard for fairness, impartiality and the presumption of innocence.
- Higher Diplomas: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)