Senior Specialist; IT Infrastructure Capacity Management At CRDB Bank
To ensure that technology infrastructure, storage and compute capacity meet current and future business requirements. Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and administration of the server, storage, backup and virtualization Technologies.
- VPL Matokeo Mechi Za Leo | VPL Results 2020/2021
- Matokeo Darasa La Saba 2020 NECTA PLSE Results 2020
- Responsible for monitoring storage and compute capacity needs and develop short- and long-term plan to meet current and future business needs.
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for Servers, storage and backup environments through proactive capacity planning, performance control and configuration adjustment.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate changes to infrastructure to improve capacity, performance, reliability availability and security.
- Manage and maintain the operations of Servers infrastructures including planning, installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, problem resolution, business continuity, backups and system level security.
- Maintain documentation of configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures of Infrastructure.
- To ensure all business application are backed up as per the Backup and restoration policy and procedure of organization.
- Create strategies, roadmaps, and standards for all technologies in scope.
- Diagnose and resolve problems spanning across both the compute, storage and virtualization stacks.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of systems, services, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with application support and project teams to better understand customer needs and build infrastructure solutions accordingly.
- Performs servers and operating systems administration functions, including configuring, installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and operating systems.
- Performs Storages administration functions, including monitoring, provisioning, resizing, maintaining and upgrading/Patching hardware and software.
- Proactively manages and troubleshoots storage environment, including capacity planning/availability, quotas, and snapshots to optimize performance.
- Manages enterprise backup/restore of critical business systems/services and performs periodic audits and restore testing.
- Works with local and remote vendors to resolve technical system problems in a timely manner and as per SLA.
- Perform day to day monitoring of the IT Infrastructure and ensure all systems are available and performing as per business needs.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information & Communication Technology or relevant academic field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with IT systems with hands on exposure in backup, storage, virtualization and servers.
- Preferred professional certifications such as ITIL, CDCMP, VCP, Storage – Dell/EMC, HPE, Netapp Certifications and other industry recognized IT certifications.
- Experience in planning, deployment, configuration and administration of virtual environment preferable VMware.
- Strong working knowledge of CI&HCI environment with Dell EMC and VMware platform.
- Experience in storage administration specifically working with Dell EMC, Netapp, IBM, Oracle.
- Experience with various Replication and backup technologies such as Veeam, Data Protection Manager and Recovery point for VM.
- Proficiency in Data Centre hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge on Windows server, Linux and Unix operating systems.
- Knowledgeable in technology infrastructure demand and capacity management.