IP Network and Service-Integration Manager At Centrax Systems Tanzania
JOB TITLE: IP Network and Service-Integration Manager
6 Month Contract, Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on numerous Greenfield projects, holding some of the responsibility to both design and implement the infrastructures, environments and solutions,
To understand and document the essential components of core networks provided by Vodafone Group and Vodacom Group between our MPesa OPCO’s, and their associated change control processes and SLA’s.
- To understand and document the essential components of the local market networks in our Mpesa Opco’s and their associated change control processes and SLA’s.
- To use the above to be able to design end to end network changes in order to support the creation of new application services.
- To be able to effect network changes either hands on, through change process or by directing others.
- To be able to test and sign off network changes performed for projects.
- To understand network availability and performance monitoring and ensure that best practice is applied in these areas to ensure the continuity and safety of Mpesa services
- To understand network security including VPNs, certificates and encryption mechanisms and how they can be applied for safe communication of data.
- To identify areas where security or other attributes could be improved and use exception and risk logs to track their improvements
- Communicate between partner overseas software development teams and local customers.
- Define system specifications, input/output processes and hardware or software compatibility.
- Engage in subsystems’ design analysis and integrate with overall system.
- Extend technical support during preparation, installation and system maintenance.
- Create professional technical documentations and present for internal and external use.
- Code integration activities and perform branch integration.
- Systems and developer workspace management.
- Develop and automate change validation to tools before roll out and handle validation.
- Evaluate, select, roll out and support off-shelf tools to improve partner productivity.
- Execute and upgrade integrated interfaces.
- Assist clients to test integrated interfaces
- Deep knowledge of Internet and IP/MPLS Network technology. Specifically, Broad and deep technical knowledge of the following as a minimum:
MPLS (LDP, RSVP, fast re-route, Segment Routing), BGP, ISIS, OSPF, Ethernet (inc. QoS & OAM), L2 & L3 VPNs IP-QoS, BNGs, IP Multicast, PPP, L2TP, 3rd Party Ethernet & broadband access products, MEF services (E-LAN, E-tree , E-Line.), Internet peering & transit, RIPE, IPv6 and NFV.
- Architectural skillset in IP/MPLS technologies and services. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable security best practice awareness across service provider IP/MPLS domains.
- Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP/MPLS Networks
- Demonstrable thought leadership into emerging technologies for example Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualisation as well as others (Not needed).
- Understanding of key IP/MPLS operational and/or IP/MPLS network design requirements.
- Good background on Hw and Sw characteristics and lifecycle, in depth understanding of features and how they work in real environment
- Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP Networks.
- Competent with AWS Cloud infrastructure and services, Infrastructure as Code specifically Terraform scripts
- Experience with Containers – Docker, Kubernetes
- Develop and implement CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of scripting languages to create well organised, readable and tested code to deliver within the constraints of continuous integration and delivery environments
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- 5 or more years of Technical experience across on networking and integration components in terms of architecture, design , implementation and testing
- CCIE (or equivalent) certification preferred
MODE OF APPLICATION
Send your CV’s to : [email protected]
or apply online below…