Watumishi Housing Company invite applications to apply for the ICT officer vacancy Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
ICT Officer II is primarily responsible for design and developing software applications based technical solutions to solve business problems, which includes coding, software deployment, initial testing, and maintenance of software application systems.
a) Duty Station: WHC Head Office
b) Reporting to: Senior ICT Officer
c) Salary Grade: As per WHC Salary Scale
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle software application development,
- Designing, coding and debugging software applications in various software languages,
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis,
- Software modelling and simulation,
- Front end graphical user interface design/programming,
- Software testing and quality assurance,
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality,
- Integrate software with existing systems,
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation,
- Maintain standards compliance,
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff,
- Producing detailed technical specifications and writing the programming codes,
- Production Support system maintenance,
- Independent handling of work products and managing his/her deliverables,
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by superiors from time to time.
Academic Qualification and Experience;
The ideal incumbent for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized institution.;
- Not less than three (3) years’ work experience in Software Development particularly in Web Based Systems; and
- Have developed at least two Systems which are currently used by any organization (Demo might be required during Interview).
- Mobile Applications Design & Development with Android Studio, Xamarin, Adobe Photoshop/ XD,
- Window Desktop Applications Development in Visual Studio.Net and C#.net and JAVA,
- Google Map API integration,
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP),
- System Testing / Test Cases Design,
- Versioning Control with Git and Git Hub,
- Application Programming Interface (APIs) Development with Node Js, XML, JSON and PHP,
- Hardware Preventive Maintenance and Computer/Printer Troubleshooting Skills,
- Database Management Information Systems particularly MySQL and Ms SQL Server,
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux OS,
- ICT Management in General.
- An applicant must be a public servant,
- Applicants must channel their applications through their current employers,
- Applicants must attach up to date CV and certified copies of academic and professional certificates,
- Applicants should state in application letter and commit themselves to cover transfer cost
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
Candidates should submit their applications to the following address
Chief Executive Office,
Watumishi Housing Company,
P.O BOX 5119,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Deadline For submission is 12 October 2021at 16:00 hours