ICE Programm Zanzibar University
THE INSTITUTE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION (ICE)
The Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) of the Zanzibar University has been established to serve as a centre for the extension services; advocacy, human and civil rights services; part-time tailor-made education and entrepreneurial department services.
Its mission is to enhance and disseminate knowledge and skills of Law, Shariah, Economics, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance and Marketing in allied and applied fields, by conducting Diploma courses, Certificate courses, seminars and workshops.
- To expand the catchment areas for the admission of students so as to increase the annual student intake at the Zanzibar University;
- To bring services near to the people;
- To provide rare opportunities to potential mature applicants who would otherwise miss universal knowledge by joining as mature entrants.
THE INSTITUTE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION (ICE) PROGRAM OFFERED FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
- Diploma Programmes (NTA LEVEL 4)
- Diploma in Business Administration (DBA)
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply (DPS)
- Diploma in Computing and Information and Communication Technology (DCICT)
- Diploma in Community Development (DCD)
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (DNM)
- Diploma in Science with Education (DSE)
- Diploma in Arts with Education DAE)
- Diploma in Social Work (DSW)
- Diploma in Counseling Psychology (DCP)
- Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance (DIBF)
- Diploma in Law (DIL)
- Diploma Programmes (NTA LEVEL 4)
- Certificate Programmes (UQF LEVEL 5 & 6)
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Certificate in Community Development
- Certificate in Information and Communications Engineering
- Certificate in Procurement and Supply
NON DEGREE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Zanzibar University admits students based on TCU and NACTE guidelines and, therefore, all applicants are advised to abide with the updated criteria provided as follows:-
Minimum Admission Requirements for Certificate Programmes (NTA LEVEL 4)
From NACTE guidelines, students shall be admitted into the various programmes basing on the following admission and/or registration requirements:-
- Possession of at least four passes of relevant Form IV (O-Level) subjects or its equivalent established by National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA); OR
- Possession of at least two passes (Engineering Sciences) at Form IV level or its equivalent established by NECTA or NVA level 3 or its equivalent established by VETA.
- A mean Grade D, or its equivalent from countries that have 8 – 4 – 4 educational system.
Minimum Admission Requirements for Ordinary Diploma (UQF LEVEL 5 & 6)
From TCU guidelines, students shall be admitted into the various programmes basing on the following admission and/or registration requirements: –
- Possession of at least four passes of relevant Form Four subjects or its equivalent established by NECTA based on Tanzania education system AND NTA Level 4 Certificate. OR
- Possession of Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (A-Level) with one principal pass or its equivalent (at least two subsidiaries) established by NECTA based on Tanzania education system, OR
- Possession of NABE AND NTA Level 4 Certificate, OR
- Possession of any Bachelor Degree from a recognised institution.
Minimum Admission Requirements for UQF LEVEL 6 Certificates (Pre-University Programme (P.U.P))
- Possession of NTA Level 5 Certificate, OR
- Possession of Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A-Level) or its equivalent with at least one (1) principal pass or two or more subsidiaries; OR
- At least a pass in Diploma from recognized Universities or Institutions; OR
- Any first degree from a recognized University; OR
- A mean Grade C or above, or its equivalent from countries that have 8 – 4 – 4 educational system
NON DEGREE FEE STRUCTURE
Fees Structure for NTA Level 4 Certificate Programmes
Fees Structure for NTA Level 5 & 6 (Diploma) Programmes
Fees Structure for UQF Level 6 (Pre-University) Programmes
- To be paid once only;
** To be paid every year;
*** To be paid once only, refundable at the end of the programme if not used.
The above fee structures are subject to change from time to time.
For any enquiry regarding Institute of Continuing Education affairs please contact:
The Director, Postgraduate Studies and Research Institute,
P. O. Box 2440,
E-mail: [email protected]