VACANCY FOR HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER
Rivertrees Country Inn is looking for a dynamic and experienced person to take the role of Hotel General Manager, based in Arusha Tanzania. The General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and day-to-day staff management and guests. You will be the brand ambassador for our hotel. The General Manager will also be responsible to provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
The General Manager will work very closely with the company directors and other stakeholders. You will also be responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD’s) and overall hotel targets to deliver profitability whilst providing excellent Guest experiences.
- Oversee the operation functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational and work flow charts. Hold regular briefings and meetings with all heads of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment. Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotel and Management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property. Developing improvement actions and carrying out cost savings.
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly. Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food& Beverage, Admin & General, are on target and accurate.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the directors.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third- party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for Compliance, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
The ideal candidate for this position
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional.
- Friendly personality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoys working with and helping people.
- Express ideas clearly so listeners understand the information.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Time management skills.
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired.
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Judge the costs and benefits of possible solutions.
- The ability to interpret the company’s financial condition
- Go back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information without becoming confused.
- Ability to accurately record information.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Outstanding Management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- A bachelor’s degree, equivalent or superior in hotel or hospitality management is preferred.
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience.
- At least 3 to 4 years of experience as a hotel General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Experience in managing a hotel, with clear track records.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
- An excellent computer system skill is required.
- Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is an added advantage.
- This experience may replace the requirement of some formal education.
This role can be very challenging and demanding and as such, we kindly ask that only serious candidates apply.
If you are interested in the position, please adhere to the following instructions carefully:
- Submit your interest by formal cover e-mail toj[email protected],
- The subject line for your email shall be: “General Manager”,
- Attach your CV in PDF format not exceeding 4MB,
- Do NOT include any other attachments,
- Submit your application no later than 4th December 2020
- In the body of your e-mail answer the following questions:
- Question 1: What are the core functions of a Manager?
- Question 2: What are the three greatest challenges facing a hotel General Manager in Tanzania?
- Question 3: What is your personal leadership style?
Your application will only be considered if it meets these criteria strictly.
Rivertrees Country Inn will treat all information with the utmost confidentiality and we will only contact you if your application is to be taken to the next stage of the recruitment process.