Home Affairs Online Application 2022/2023
According to the south Africa Department Of Home Affairs, the system ( eHomeAffairs ) allows a South African citizen by birth to apply for smart ID and passport, upload supporting documents, pay application fees, and schedule branch visits.
However, the system still required a visit to the home affairs office in person to take fingerprints and photos. Once the relevant documents are ready, applicants will receive an SMS from the department.
It is currently only available to citizens between the ages of 30 and 35. It will be fully rolled out at various intervals over the next few months.
What can Be Done With Department Of Home Affairs eHomeAffairs system?
This flexible, easy-to-use eHomeAffairs portal allows you to do all of the following in a safe and secure online environment:
- Submit ID and Passport applications online,
- Make online payments for applications,
- Make bookings where allowed.
The new Home Affairs online application process.
How To Register a profile on eHomeAffairs?
To Register a profile on eHomeAffairs system you need to follow the procedure below
Start by visiting department of home affairs online application portal via the link>>> https://ehome.dha.gov.za/ehomeaffairsv2<< Then click on register
- “Complete” your personal details.
- “Create” a password.
- “Answer” the security questions.
- Then complete your profile by following onscreen guide
Once yo done creating your account you need to proceed with Login process by visiting the>>https://ehome.dha.gov.za/ehomeaffairsv2<< But this time You must fill required info on login form. enter your username (ID Number) and password as inserted when registering
A one-time-pin (OTP) will be sent to your cellphone, so please ensure you have your cellphone is near you.
Once you log into your account you need to proceed with providing your information as required in application form
The application form is for a Smart ID Card and/or Passport.
- You can “capture” and “submit an application form” for yourself or for a minor directly related to you, typically for a minor requiring a passport for travelling purposes.
- All fields highlighted in red are mandatory and must be “completed”.
Once you done fill all required field Submit the completed application by selecting “Submit”
Next Upload your supporting documents, if applicable
- Required supporting documents will be listed.
- Please note that originals will be required to be presented at the branch or bank office.
There after proceed with Make the online payment
“Capture” your banking details.
- Please note that submitting a payment on eHomeAffairs is only an instruction to your bank.
- In order to complete the payments process you need to log on to your internet banking to “authorise the payment”.
- A payment authorisation process guide can be requested from your bank.
- Once the payment has been authorised, please note that the bank payment verification process must take place, which may take a few minutes.
Make a booking at a Home Affairs enabled Bank Office
- Please note that digital biometrics can be obtained at any internal affairs office or at the office of the bank that supports internal affairs, for which reservation is a prerequisite.
- You do not need to make a reservation to submit your biometrics at any of the Home Affairs offices.
Once that done Print your Confirmation Letter
The barcoded confirmation Letter as well as your ID Book (if available) must to be “taken with when going to the branch or bank office”. After clicking on Download Confirmation, save the document to your PC and open with PDF.