HESLB Criteria For Loan Application 2021/2022, Vigezo Maombi Mkopo HESLB 2021/22, Olas.heslb.go.tz, Loan Allocation Status 2021/2022, HESLB Loan Batch 2021/2022
HESLB Act and regulations provide for General Eligibility and Criteria for applicants seeking loans. NEEDY and ELIGIBLE applicants may apply for loans and/or grants to meet part, or full costs of their education.
In addition to general eligibility, additional criteria define NEEDY applicant who should not exceed 35 years of age at the time of application, who may:-
- Be a poor orphan (who has lost both parents – full orphan) or partial orphan (who has lost one parent) has to be certified by RITA, Zanzibar Civil Status Registration Agency (ZCSRA) “Wakala wa Usajili wa Matukio ya Kijamii Zanzibar “and respective Embassies located in the United Republic of Tanzania (URT).
- Be poor disabled student whose disability shall have to be certified by the District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO), or any entity authorized to certify such cases (as may be specified).
- Have poor parents with disability to be certified by the District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO), or any entity authorized to certify such cases (as may be specified).
- Be from lower income household and/or marginalized community whose secondary school or diploma education was sponsored by recognised institutions. Applicants will be required to provide written and authenticated evidence of such sponsorships whose ability shall be determined by Means-test result score.
- Be from lower income household and/or marginalized community, who is under Special Economic Support Programs for example TASAF. They should provide the program beneficiary’s number as a proof.
Note: General Eligibility Criteria as Pronounced by the Act
General Eligibility criteria require an applicant to meet the following conditions:-
- Must be a Tanzanian;
- Must have applied for a loan through the Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS);
- Must have been admitted to an accredited Higher Learning Institution on full time basis except for Students Admitted at the Open University of Tanzania (OUT).
- Must not have funding from other sources.
- Must be a continuing student with results/progress reports to show that he/she has passed the examinations necessary to enable him/her to advance to the following year or stage of study.
- For a student’s loans beneficiary seeking to re-apply for loans after dropping out from one programme/college/university) he/she must repay at least 25% of their previous loans before applying for a new loan. (Note: Payment of 25% of the previously granted loans is not a guarantee for new loans allocation).
Other Eligibility Criteria
- Loans shall be allocated in the order of established Neediness, and programme clustering.
- Continuing Students applying for loans for the first time must have completed ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within Five (5) years, i.e. from 2015-2019 inclusive.
- All other applicants who secured admission to pursue various degree programmes in the academic year 2021/2022 must have completed their ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within three (3) years, i.e. from 2017-2019 inclusive.