Health System Strengthening Advisor-1 Post. The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA) Activity. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities (HFs) and improve health service delivery
by the CSSC network of church based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population. Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH), HIV/TB services and other health related areas. The PATA Activity has got two major components;
Component one: Create a network of financially and managerially sustainable HFs and a self-reliant Medical and commodity supply chain Company and Component Two: Improve staff skills and retention at HFs and improve their capacity to provide a continuum of quality care of RMNCAH and HIV/TB services.
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Title: Health System Strengthening Advisor-1 Post
Report to: Project Manager
Location: Dar es salaam
The Health Systems Strengthening officer-HR Capacity Building will work closely with the Project Technical Coordinator to embed sustainability mechanisms for stronger church health systems in the project. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of Health system strengthening component in close liaison with the Technical Coordinator. He/she will oversee the implementation of HSS activities across all the selected regions, building capacity of the FBO HFs in the project with the focus on Human Resource system. The incumbent will advise FBO HFs on how to build a strong and resilient HR system that can help them in the whole process of planning deployment and retention of a strong and reliable HR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Technical advisory services on Health Systems Strengthening to FBO church health facilities.
- In close liaison with the Technical Coordinator, support the Hospital Management Teams (HMTs) to strengthen capacity and systems for efficient delivery of services, HR planning and budgeting, and implementation of planned HR management interventions.
- Continuously assess Facility needs in liaison with HMTs and recommend additional support that would help them establish a strong and resilient HR system at facility and diocese levels, this includes activities such as;
- Assessment of availability and quality of HR manual
- Support HF to develop/review HR manual
- Monitor adherence of the manual at the facility
- Promote the development of HRs officer’s capacity and HMTs through a broad range of approaches such as training, one-on-one mentorship and on-the-job training, supportive supervision all aiming at recruit and retain best staff available in the country through activities such as;
- Need-based capacity building through training and mentorship
- Develop a comprehensive staff development program for facility HCWs.
- Support long and short term updated clinical training to facility HCWs
- Facilitate establishment of an e-library for sharing of guidelines, SOPs, updates and other learning materials
- Facilitate establishment of a formal link between FBO HFs from tertiary and those in lower level for staff attachment and mentorship.
- Bachelor degree in Hospital Management/Hospital secretary from a recognized University is required
- MPH/MBA or Postgraduate training in Human Resources management is desired.
Experiences and Skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience is required, at least three in management level at a health facility
- 2. Thorough understanding of the Tanzanian Health system, its key stakeholders, and the relevant policies (required).
- Excellent Communication, Coordination, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively with culturally diverse partners.
- Competence in computer applications needed to execute position responsibilities -competency with Microsoft Office, internet and email systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- Facilitation experience (desired).
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 27th 2020 and channeled through the following email address:
- Kindly visit cssc.or.tz for the detailed posts with duties, responsibilities, required qualification, experience and skills
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.