JOB TITLE: Head Product, Portfolio & Partnerships – (2000015113)
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 21/Oct/2020
Unposting Date: 04/Nov/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Rollout global suite of standardized products in market
- Initiate design and development of best in class global product suite based on local needs by providing feedback on opportunity and co-creating globally scalable solutions with the central team
- Collaboration with key stakeholders (Segments) in Retail Clients organization to provide direction on market opportunities and execution upon them.
- Build and leverage strong alliances and business partners network to crystallize differentiated brand propositions across client segments
- Actively manage the retail balance sheet to ensure optimization of returns
- Ensure balanced growth addressing Credit, Operations, Compliance and Service Delivery risks
- Creating & Activating sources of leads to achieve business targets (MGM, digital marketing, ecosystem, EB, alliance & Merchant Programs)
- Supports marketing across media channels (ATL, BTL, Digital & Frontline Team)
- Driving Funding to the accounts opened through digital channel
- Establish Retail Products performance management standards and provide basis for challenge to accountable P&L heads
- Accountability for growth in business drivers and P&L of Retail Products
- Expand market share through sales volumes, card spends and liabilities balances
- Ensure delivery of optimal product portfolio mix and risk weighted returns for the market
- Source for new venues and avenues to generate digital acquisition opportunities
- Plan and create Events/Campaign/Alliance & Merchant Programs calendar to support all digital banking activities
- Events/Campaign/Alliance & Merchant Programs Support:
- Assist with onsite and offsite preparation and logistics
- Ensure smooth execution and manage all post trackers to measure productivity rate
- Manage client feedbacks and follow through with stakeholders
- Manage and track budget and deliver within approved limits
- Prepare/consolidate presentation decks required
- Marketing Support for the Events/Campaign/Alliance & Merchant Programs:
- Work with Marketing in ensuring display of updated collaterals
- Work with stakeholders in creation of customised collaterals
- Manage inventories
- Work with Product, Segment and frontline teams to create correct messaging, look and feel for events/Campaign/Alliance & Merchant Programs
- Driving Funding on the Accounts opened through digital channel
- Working with marketing agency to perform call back so as to facilitate funding on the accounts open through digital channel.
- Assist the team on the process of activation of the accounts and debit cards e.g pin mailer reset.
People and Talent
- Provide overall direction and guidance to the team, help resolve emerging issues and priority conflicts.
- Steer both strategic design thinking and execution
- Rally people around new processes. Hire the right team to drive Business Agenda across the bank
- Lead team effectively and able to exercise influence & create followership
- Strong Inter-personal skills and ability to influence other functions and Strong Communication skills – oral, written & presentation
- Career development and training self and team
Compliance and Control
- Ensure appropriate operational procedures and controls in place to operate within Credit and Operational Risk appetite framework
- Ensure compliance to internal and external regulations
- Process universe adoption and governance
- Head, Retail Client
- Segment Head, Retail Client
- Head, Retail Client Analytics
- Head CEPG
- Head Legal and Compliance
- Head HR
- Head Credit
- Head RC Finance
- Country, Business & Operational Risk Manager
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in first line operational risk management.
- Remain alert to risk of Money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to key principles in relation to CDD, reporting suspicious, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicious activities to customers
Adhere to and Institute controls
- Report to the Unit Manager any adverse anomalies which impact the business as soon as this is known to you.
- Record and report suspicious transactions or Frauds that are encountered at the Unit.
- Ensure Anti-money laundering and CDD guidelines are followed within the Unit.
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all policies, guidelines, procedures and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct
- Attend all required training
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Product, Portfolio and Partnership team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree or professional qualification, preferably in Banking and Finance
- Proven track record of accomplishment in the management of banking operations
- In depth knowledge and understanding of banking products and services, and ability to structure and deliver customized solutions which meet customer needs.
- Ability to engage stakeholders in constructive dialogue, in order to improve own understanding and influence others decision-making.
- Strong Operational and risk management background
- Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate large teams
- Ability to analyse significant amounts of data and distil clear insights
- Relevant applications & technology infrastructure knowledge
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and practices
- Project Management and Change Management skills.
- Committed to driving own team’s progress and delivering agreed outcomes.
- Nurtures teamwork and collaboration.
- Has the ability to blend the demands of managing day-to-day operational activities with the necessity of maintaining a strategic view.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage complex activities within the Bank’s matrix organization structure.
- Experience in budget development and budget management.
- Foresight with regards to workflow, staff capability and moral.
- Thought leadership in Retail Banking with appreciation industry products and developments
- Strategy articulation and execution
- Professional depth in Retail Products covering product development, acquisition, portfolio and risk management, marketing and campaign management
- Deep understanding of in-market client product behaviors and life stages
- Strong appreciation and ability to balance tradeoffs between risk and returns to achieve RORWA and P&L targets
- Strong strategic acumen and execution capability
- Relationship building and influencing – ability to build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders / partners
- Team leadership – Ability to inspire team to achieve targets while building bench strength
- Adept at succeeding in a matrix organization
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.