JOB TITLE: Head, Digital Banking and Proximity – (2000015124)
- Job: Retail Banking
- Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Permanent
- Posting Date: 21/Oct/2020
- Unposting Date: 05/Nov/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategy and Business Management
- Work closely with GM Digital Banking & Client Experience to manage country digital agenda including delivery of online acquisition and digital banking KPIs
- Steward regulatory and day to day requirements from country with informed filter to region digital banking
- Oversee localisation and optimisation of digital assets from departments before timely upload into regional content management system
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in the country and region to ensure business needs and expectations are being met
- Support socialisation of region and group analytics on a regular basis, articulating the country optimisation view
- Drive ideation around country innovations and enhancements to both pre and post login experiences
- Help with client insight collection and frontline co-creation by working closely with the group Digital Experience team
- Continue to support the channel migration agenda while working closely with Branches
- Support country segment/product teams on digital facet of alliances and partnerships, while working closely with region
- Ensure any digital fulfilment of online signups is carried out in a timely manner through country Ops and digital Banking team.
- Represent SC through participation at local financial bodies, consortiums, and where needed, strategically important regulatory forums
- Train digital banking team for efficient management across cultures and local realities
- Delivery of Standard service and solid operations support for the business /Branches and leveraging on the Group network to provide a source of competitive advantage to the bank
- Proactive and effective engagement with business and segment heads and contribution to the business strategy and rapid growth plans in the country
- To contribute to successful implementation of new projects by resourcing the testing, training and supporting the post launch operational activities
- Provide Effective Leadership to the Proximity Manager on ATM Management, governing Contracts with First Line Maintenance, proximity Related Contracts with Managed Service Provider and Local Proximity Related Vendors/ Service Providers to Ensure Sla Adherence
- Ensure Proximity Related Regulatory Requirements Are Met, along with Business Continuity through BCP/ Dr Testing is done
- Work With Relevant Partners eg, Vendors for ATM Installation and Connectivity
- Monitor and ensure Proximity KPI (Inclusive Uptime) Is met all the times when there is any challenges escalation done on time
- Monitor Reconciliation ATM Suspense Accounts at Country Level to ensure it is done as per the financial policy.
- Monitor the SLA with the Vendor on the outsourced ATMS.
- To ensure timely service delivery and transaction processing standards in line with agreed standards and best practice.
- To constantly improve upon service quality as measured through customer satisfaction scores and customer complaint tracking / resolution
- Ensuring that all aspects of out serve plus initiatives are actively pursued and delivered so as to achieve service excellence and customer satisfaction and revenue growth
- To re-engineer systems and procedures and optimize productivity to meet growth in volumes and increased service level requirements.
- Put in place an effective System for data gathering, analysis and striving to improve end-to-end efficiency / productivity for customer satisfaction
- To ensure that costs are optimally managed within the unit and overall budgets are not exceeded.
- Ensure 3rd-party vendor relationships are effectively managed
People and Talent
- Strategically and execution ally align with regional Digital Banking team
- Ensure adequate resources are made available to the project and engagement of appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to the team and help resolve emerging issues
- Steer both strategic design thinking, and execution
- Rally people around new processes
- Provide effective leadership and develop the talent in the Branches Operations team to support growth
- Ensure individual learning and development planning, my Voice action planning, succession planning, talent identification and development, and staff rotations occur across Branches Operations.
- Responsible for communicating Health and Safety messages to staff. Ensure Group Policy on Health onsible for coordinating internal and external audit reviews relating to the area of business – liaising with stakeholders to ensure timely / accurate information is provided
- To ensure total compliance with laid down policies and procedures in terms of compliance risk, credit policy, documentation, operational risk and other Group / Regulatory control standards.
- Developing and maintaining secure and sustainable control environment through effective management of Operational Risks, Group and Country regulatory guidelines, CDD, AML, BCP and others. Support /suggest the Introduction of new system, procedures and controls to support them.
- To ensure that all regulatory and Group Sanctions policy are well policed and prevent any infractions.
- Minimization / Prevention of financial / reputation losses arising from frauds, business interruptions and other breaches of security.
- Establish and monitor appropriate management controls, to ensure that issues are tracked and escalated and appropriate actions are taken.
- Responsible for providing guidance to the business on working towards an advanced MCA, driving improvements in year-on-year average MCA ratings
- With the guidance and support from Risk Owner and Process Owner, continuously identify and evaluate operational risks arising for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and drive the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks in country
- Accountable for the development of control enhancements to ensure any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and consistent standards
- Responsible for mentoring the business unit staff across all segments on business controls
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with policies applicable to RB which impact operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures, and policy if there is opportunity for improvement
- Responsible for speaking out on emerging risks
- Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps, facilitate development of training on Operational Risk
- Participate in periodic peer reviews, subject to business need, to ensure consistency of risk management approach and support the business in embedding best practices
- Responsible for the effective running of Retail Banking Business Operational Risk Forum (BORF)
- Responsible for ensuring adequate governance and oversight over operational risk, through the escalation and appropriate resolution of relevant risk exposures to the Country Non Financial Risk Committee (CNFRC) and Process Governance Committee (PGC) as required
- Responsible for escalation of issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the regional lead, COO and business head when required
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [digital banking & proximity team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Working with the SORO and country compliance team, review new or revised regulations and implement new control measures and develop risk-based control validation checks for implementation where required
Adhere to and Institute controls
- Report to the Unit Manager any adverse anomalies which impact the business as soon as this is known to you.
- Record and report suspicious transactions or Frauds that are encountered at the Unit.
- Ensure Anti-money laundering and CDD guidelines are followed within the Unit.
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all policies, guidelines, procedures and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- Attend all required training
- Product & Segment
- Client Experience
- Marketing Agencies
- Support the Unit Manager and Head, RB Operations in implementing SCB policies regarding AML/ CDD policies and adopting any imminent changes
- Re-engineer systems and procedures and optimize productivity to meet growth in volumes and increased service level requirements
- Remain alert to risk of Money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to key principles in relation to CDD, reporting suspicious, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicious to customers
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree or professional qualification, preferably in Banking and Finance
- Proven track record of accomplishment in the management of banking operations
- In depth knowledge and understanding of banking products and services, and ability to structure and deliver customized solutions which meet customer needs.
- Ability to engage stakeholders in constructive dialogue, in order to improve own understanding and influence others decision-making.
- Strong Operational and risk management background
- Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate large teams
- Ability to analyse significant amounts of data and distil clear insights
- Relevant applications & technology infrastructure knowledge
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and practices
- Project Management and Change Management skills.
- Committed to driving own team’s progress and delivering agreed outcomes.
- Nurtures teamwork and collaboration.
- Has the ability to blend the demands of managing day-to-day operational activities with the necessity of maintaining a strategic view.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage complex activities within the Bank’s matrix organization structure.
- Experience in budget development and budget management.
- Foresight with regards to workflow, staff capability and moral.
- Thought leadership in Retail Banking with appreciation industry products and developments
- Strategy articulation and execution
- Professional depth in Retail Products covering product development, acquisition, portfolio and risk management, marketing and campaign management
- Deep understanding of in-market client product behaviors and life stages
- Strong appreciation and ability to balance tradeoffs between risk and returns to achieve RORWA and P&L targets
- Strong strategic acumen and execution capability
- Relationship building and influencing – ability to build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders / partners
- Team leadership – Ability to inspire team to achieve targets while building bench strength
- Adept at succeeding in a matrix organization
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.