Scholarships For Developing Countries, Africans Scholarships 2021, Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2021, Female Scholarships
The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2021 is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Requirements Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2021
Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of May 2021.
Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies or have completed a degree in the UK before.
Applicants must be female.
Applicants must be a national of one of the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Dem. Rep
- Congo, Rep.
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Gambia, The
- Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
- Papua New Guines
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- Yemen, Rep.
Level of study
- Taught Master’s Degree programmes.
Mode of study
Year of Entry
- The scholarship is available for students starting a degree programme in October 2021.
- All except MBA and research Master’s programmes.
Further information Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2021
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course ; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Details About Scholarships
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 4 quarterly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
One academic year
- The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only; dependants cannot be accommodated
Number of awards available : 1
How to apply – Please ensure you submit both the applications required:
Stage 1: An academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship. Once you have completed this application you can move onto stage 2. When you receive your academic offer letter from the University, please forward it to [email protected] with your full name and Lioness Scholarship 2021 in the subject line.
Stage 2: An application for the Scholarship on this Application form. Please make sure to complete all sections. If you do not have all your documents now, please forward them to [email protected] before the deadline for your application to be considered.
31st March 2021
When candidates will hear the outcome of their application
Applications will be considered on: academic merit, personal qualities and the fit with the chosen degree programme to the candidate’s aims.
For More Information: