Guest Operations Manager
Ready to score?
You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to lead and strengthen the team in charge of organizing the biggest celebration of African football: Total Energies Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2021.
CAF is looking for a Guest Operations Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
The 2021 Africa Cup of Nations will begin from January 9 to February 6, 2022, with six stadiums set to host the games across five cities in Cameroon.
This role is a temporary contract running until end of February 2022 and will be based in Yaoundé.
- Lead operations planning for the Guest Management and Protocol functional area, in close collaboration with CAF and other stakeholders.
- Create and establish concepts of operations and policies, and procedures while ensuring compliance with Cameroon national policy for heads of state and government officials.
- Communicate guest management policies and operational plans to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and support guest management and protocol service levels as agreed between all stakeholders.
- Establish a Guest Operations Team and delegate tasks as per the event scope.
- Work closely with all team members to align on all logistical requirements.
- Support and develop milestone setting and key activity matrixes for each event; manage the workflow by assessing priorities and communicating them to the team.
- Ensure management of VIP Guests (Local and international), according to agreed operational plans.
- Oversee coordination with Arrivals and Departures Team, Airport Authority regarding all the airport operations such as meet and greet, immigration, and transfer from airport to hotel.
- Any other duties that may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management, or related fields.
- At least 5-years’ experience in Mega Events or Sports.
- Fluent in English & French Languages, both written and spoken, is a Must.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of ERP is a Must.
- Team player, capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity with high level of proactivity.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Manage working under pressure.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, age, and nationality.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration, please send your C.V. to [email protected]
Application deadline 10/08/2021