Software Developer at Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania August, 2020. The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
Software Developer at Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania August, 2020
The Software Developer will work under the guidance of the MIS Team Lead and in collaboration with other developers he/she will be for maintaining tier 3 support of eLMIS both in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. S/he will work to support system development and health information exchange across the multiple systems in the health sector including eLMIS, DHIS2, mSupply and Epicor. S/he will work in collaboration with national stakeholders such as the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), the President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Medical Stores Department (MSD), and the Ministry of Health of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Use eLMIS Web-based bug tracking systems (Jira) to log bugs and enhancements and to update bug resolution status.
- Liaise with the global OpenLMIS Core team to become familiar with the latest architecture and software development practices of OpenLMIS v3.x.
- Utilize global standard practices/templates for software development, to brief on progress being made on software development projects, and to collaborate and contribute to software development practices of OpenLMIS v3.x.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle
(SDLC) by supporting the review of new redesign requirements, finalizing user stories and prioritized backlog in consultation with project managers. Develop and manage release plans.
- Work closely with users to design and develop specifications for^ software. development work including wireframes, report layouts, business rules and user interfaces.
- Develop automatic functional and performance test script for eLMIS.
- Preparing a plan to support long term capacity building to MoHCDGEC and PORALG ICT staff on OpenLMIS code base.
- Prepare technical documentation and user/training manuals for software applications.
- Conduct regular reviews and evaluations of all systems and related applications and implement improvements accordingly.
- Provide regular updates to the supervisor, technical team, and project management team on work progress and any local database development issues that may be of concern.
- Work as part of the Management Information System (MIS) team and be available for deployment to support the systems and users whenever need arises.
- Support integration of eLMIS with other digital system on health sector like DHIS2, mSupply etc.
- Support GOT on the development of pharmacy and inventory modules on facility level systems (GoTHOMIS and AfyaCare).
- Participate in in-country system linkages in areas of synergies like GoTHOMIS/AfyaCare using health information exchange.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications in Education & Experience:
- Sc in Computer Science or IT or related field from recognized University/College
- Familiar with/ Experience with health sector digital systems like DHIS2, AfyaCare, GoTHOMIS and HFR.
- At least five years of experience in developing web-based applications in Java
- Knowledge on the Tanzania health information systems including HMIS, eLMIS and DHIS2.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and PostGIS, proficiency in SQL, and stored procedures.
- Experience with Model – View – Controller (MVC) based application development
- Experience in source control systems such as git, bitbucket, SVN, or CVS
- Experience with deployment management tools (Jenkins, chef/puppet)
- Experience with ant/gradle scripting
- Experience with selenium/jasmine/cucumber automated testing frameworks
- Experience in working with MOHCDGEC-National Malaria Control Program, Ministry of Health Zanzibar, Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program (ZAMEP) and USAID funded projects is desired.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Good communication skills with strong verbal and written English.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment but self-managing of own time, take on responsibility and follow-through on assignments.
- Ability to work with Linux operating systems and shell scripting language such as bash
- Familiarity with apache/nginx web server and tomcat/iboss appjjcatjon server
- Understanding of networking and information security^
- Experience using software development methodologies
If you are interested in applying this positions please send your resume, cover letter and copies of your academic certificate to [email protected]. And kindly include title you are applying to in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Deadline for submission shall be on 18th August ,2020. GHSC