Global Health Corps yearlong paid Fellowship 2021/2022. Global Health Corps is building the next generation of diverse health leaders. We offer a range of paid fellowship roles with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader. Everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement!
Eligibility Requirements Global Health Corps yearlong paid Fellowship 2021/2022
By the start of the fellowship, fellows must:
- Be 30 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, or Zambia.
Requirements Global Health Corps yearlong paid Fellowship 2021/2022
GHC are looking for a diverse group of emerging leaders from every sector and professional background who bring the skills necessary to address critical health systems gaps and who embody our key leadership practices:
- Collaborative.You value inclusion and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds. You are ready to listen to and embrace others’ perspectives, even when they are different from your own.
- Committed to Learning.You are willing to push yourself outside your comfort zone often (while practicing self-care). You are ready to approach a personally transformative year with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Inspiring and Mobilizing.You are ready to strengthen and use your voice — the most powerful tool for change that you have — in order to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health.
- Committed to Social Justice.You are passionate about social justice in health and have both the patience and the motivation to engage in the hard, complex work of building just health systems.
- Adaptive and Innovative.You are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing problems and ready to embrace failure as learning.
- Results-driven.You bring your best self and are motivated to do the day-to-day work needed to bring about positive change in the global health equity movement.
Key Dates Global Health Corps yearlong paid Fellowship 2021/2022
The application and review process are designed to assess your leadership fit for the GHC community as well as your skills fit for your fellowship role. Applicants may apply to up to three fellowship roles. Every year, we receive a high volume of amazing and inspiring applicants to join our fellowship class and can only accept a small percentage. However, about one-third of our fellows have applied more than once!
- Applications open Dec 2, 2020. Before then, you can view our application preview if you want more time to prepare your materials and begin drafting essays.
- Applications close Jan 13, 2021Applications close at 12:00PM (noon) EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can!
- Rec forms due Jan 27, 2021We require one recommendation form submitted directly by your reference by January 27, 2021 at 12:00PM (noon) EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT. We can’t consider your application without it!
- Selecting our new crew!We read applications in January and February, conduct interviews in March and April, and make offers on a rolling basis in April and May. The fellowship starts at our Training Institute.