Generator Technician At Bulyanhulu Gold Mine December 2020
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Generator Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Reporting to: Mobile Fleet Surface Supervisor
- Work Schedule: 5 Days Day Shift / 2 Days Day Off
- Duration: Permanent
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Comply with maintenance procedures and ensure all task are completed to OEM standards
- Conduct equipment pre start checks and daily inspection
- Perform mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance for generators in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost Targets
- Conduct troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance for generators and CAT Engines.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct upgrades/ modification as per OEM Standards.
- Removal of components and replacement.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Supervisor on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Comply on shift handover process.
- Carry out other task assigned by Supervisor Mobile Maintenance Surface.
- Mechanical trade certificate – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in a similar role(Generator Technician)
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge on Caterpillar SIS and ET
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “GENERATOR TECHNICIAN “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th December 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com